Routing Logic to Skype - Soundflower !HELP!

AntWise

Hi Guys!

Im looking to record some vocals at home. My computer, interface and monitors are all setup in one room but i have to record the vocals in a closet outside the room (metal vocals, too loud for neighbours). I have a long mic cable so i can still record straight into Logic but i do not have a set of headphones with a long enough wire so the vocalist can hear the song while recording.

First i downloaded an iPad app called AirFoil which works very easily but there is too much latency for the vocalist to record and monitor effectively.

I have downloaded some software called Soundflower, which can route the sound from logic into Skype so i can have skype set up in the closet on my iPad.

Could anyone give me a tutorial on how to set up soundflower to make this work? I have hunted online but can not get this to work.

Are there any other ways people set up remote monitoring for logic?

Thanks!!

my gear is:

mac mini
focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp
Logic Express 9
Ipad 3

I don't think the Skype/Soundflower/whatever solution would work, it would still have too much latency to record a song. The best solution would be buying a headphone extension cable (or make one yourself, it's really easy)

Ant,
I use an app called RDesktop that allows me to remotely control my DAW, from the booth. It allows me to to remotely take over my desktop and have a virtual desktop on my iPad. It works through my home wifi network. So it's just me, my copy, the mic, and an iPad; in the booth. I have not noticed that much latency. But, I have my levels set and only need the remote to arm, record, punch-n-roll, then stop.

The freebie version only allows one IP address setup, to control one computer remotely.

Maybe it is a possible solution.
Dale

Back