"Roman Holiday"

stratmonkee

ok, another new one where I attempt to sing here is a 1st mixdown, many stabs/comps at vocals , I don't know... giving my ears a break for a bit and looking for some feedback.
Singing:sick: is so rough...

It sounds like you're "vocally shy" mixing - which is kind the opposite of a "guitarist mix". :D

Truth told - when I first started recording, I used to bury my vox too. My cousin (a professional - think "Stacy's Mom has got it going on") called me out on it - saying, "Vocals are what people want to hear. Don't bury them. Ever."

Have you seen Audrey Hepburn's 28 year old granddaughter? Spitting image of her.

It sounds like you're "vocally shy" mixing - which is kind the opposite of a "guitarist mix". :D

Truth told - when I first started recording, I used to bury my vox too. My cousin (a professional - think "Stacy's Mom has got it going on") called me out on it - saying, "Vocals are what people want to hear. Don't bury them. Ever."

Have you seen Audrey Hepburn's 28 year old granddaughter? Spitting image of her.
I amdefinitely vocally shy , going to remix and adjust the guitars down a bit ...Love Fountains Of Wayne, great vocal's and all-around production on their music! Yes, did see a pic the other day on FB of Hepburn's granddaughter, definitely a double take moment, she had a classic beauty that seems to have been passed down eh?

I amdefinitely vocally shy , going to remix and adjust the guitars down a bit ...Love Fountains Of Wayne, great vocal's and all-around production on their music! Yes, did see a pic the other day on FB of Hepburn's granddaughter, definitely a double take moment, she had a classic beauty that seems to have been passed down eh?
I thought it was Hepburn herself. Spittin' image of her.

Look forward to the remix!

So bud ... multiple artists across all time, including luminaries like "John Lennon", have hated the sound of their own voice. This has led to numerous masking techniques ... and in John's case, doubling and phasing to "phatten" what he regarded as his overly thin voice.

In your case, you've employed a delay wash which ping pongs across everything and by doing so, itself becomes a "feature" of the sound. I'm here to suggest it might be a bit more distracting than complimentary.

I get the desire to "blur". Been there, done that. But ... less may be more in the application here - or perhaps a different approach.

When the chorus comes around w/ the added vocals? I'd bring them under the front vocal - so as to add texture, but not overwhelm. They jump out a bit clunky, as is.

You're headed in the right direction ... but not quite dialed in yet.

Second impression: the space you put on the bvs is fun, but you could actually put less space on the main vocal like K-dub says - it would bring it forward (attractively and effectively, I think), feature it and contrast it with the bvs. I like your vocal delivery - it works for the stuff you do. Worth a try and a listen. Finally, on this listen, the bass is really prominent during the verses (ipad listen) - not a nit, just an observation.

Back