reverb pedal

mandocaster

non compos mentis
I've got a few (ok, 4) guitar amps without reverb. Anyone have any luck with reverb pedals? A friend of mine had the EH Holy Grail, but he said it was very noisy. Ideally, I would like a spring reverb emulator that would be cheaper than buying an actual Fender reverb, reissue or original.

Someone brought a Danelectro Spring Reverb unit (I think called SpringKing?) into the studio and it's since the best reverb pedal I've heard. Actual springs inside; many many times better than the digital, metallic sounding Holy Grail pedal.

If you are going to use the Holy Grail live, the background noise isn't really a problem but if you are going to be using it for recording, the hiss is always there. You can usual noise gate some of it out though.

Codmate said:
Digital reverbs can be really really interesting, and good - but are not the traditional way to go.

If you're looking for something trad - try this:
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0217500000

I'd love one :D

You're not going to get that sound with a pedal.
Line6 and other have tried - but they didn't cut it for me.

Agreed. You will not go wrong on the fender tube reverb unit. Analogman sells the thing called the reverbmate or something like that in a little tweed box stomp pedal. I don't know much about it. You may want to look into it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found out that the Danelectro Spring King has springs, but doesn't actually use them for reverb. They just are used to make a boingy sound when you kick the unit. I would like one without springs, please.

The vanamps reverbmate sounds cool, and at $250 is a bit cheaper than a fender reissue.

Back