Reverb/d-verb

Schaddaddy

Ok. So I'm very new to pro tools and recording. I have audio suite for effects and I try using d-verb. I've tried different settings and every one just seems to spacey and just to much reverb. It makes it sound to computerized for my taste. I like genuine recordings. All I want is a little but of reverb not a lot. So I guess I'm just wondering if this effect just makes it seem really computerized and has a lot of reverb or if I just don't know how to use the settings. Are there better reverb plug ins that u guys would suggest? I know this is an amateur question I'm just new to the whole pro tools world.

'Computerized.. is useless. "Every one just seems to spacey and just to much reverb" does help though.
Could be you're trying verbs that are too big or long, and/or just having them up too far.
So let's talk about what at least you think you might want- and on what sources.
(One song could want just a nice short halo' of a room ambiance on a drum kit for example, and at the same time a bit of med-to-large' on something else. The possibilities are just to vast to generalize so just pick a few specific examples for now..)

Ok. So I'm very new to pro tools and recording. I have audio suite for effects and I try using d-verb. I've tried different settings and every one just seems to spacey and just to much reverb. It makes it sound to computerized for my taste. I like genuine recordings. All I want is a little but of reverb not a lot. So I guess I'm just wondering if this effect just makes it seem really computerized and has a lot of reverb or if I just don't know how to use the settings. Are there better reverb plug ins that u guys would suggest? I know this is an amateur question I'm just new to the whole pro tools world.

I take it you're aware of the wet/dry balance at the bottom of the plugin?
You can literally turn the effect off with this and 1% would be barely audible, which is why I'm asking.

D-verb is a perfectly serviceable plug. I have other expensive reverbs but d-verb still gets some use.

Avoid going on presets, if you can, or at least be prepared to customise them for yourself.
IIRC wet/dry isn't usually preset. Ie. It stays wherever you had it whenever you load a preset.

Back