Retired Genius Thread

Any port in a storm...and there are definite clouds on the horizon today.

(I discovered another reason to enjoy retirement in Australia. There are some very quaffable Aussie ports available in 3 litre boxes for under $15.)

Semi-retired here. Long way from genius. More like idiot savant with emphasis on the idiot.

I've switched to port for the snooker season.
I guess this all contributes to my tag huh? :p

(I discovered another reason to enjoy retirement in Australia. There are some very quaffable Aussie ports available in 3 litre boxes for under $15.)

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out around these parts for a good port.

Temporarily retired, formerly genius. But once I find those marbles I've been looking for, watch out!

Now, being temporarily retired, I think I'll go back to bed. I guess that means I'll re-retire. Hmmm, I'll have to think about this...

Mate, I've just had a glass of Piramimma Digby....mmmm... $40 a bottle, but worth it. Keep an eye out for it. I'm waiting up to do some testing for work at midnight, whilst watching my footy team run rampant to while away the time... the bottle is calling me...

Temporarily retired, formerly genius. But once I find those marbles I've been looking for, watch out!

Now, being temporarily retired, I think I'll go back to bed. I guess that means I'll re-retire. Hmmm, I'll have to think about this...

Now this is what I was talking about. A pillar amongst us all. A stellar light that shines for all of the newbies to be aspirated.

Mate, I've just had a glass of Piramimma Digby....mmmm... $40 a bottle, but worth it. Keep an eye out for it. I'm waiting up to do some testing for work at midnight, whilst watching my footy team run rampant to while away the time... the bottle is calling me...

$55.95 if you can find it over here!

Just looked it up and it's indeed $40 at Dan Murphy. Hmmm...a port made from a Grenache/Shiraz blend sound right up my street. Payday should be next Friday for me so, maybe, just maybe.....

Thank you Armistice! All this mention of port had me craving it so I've just had to rummage into the back of my drinks cupboard and find the half bottle (not in the same league as your recommendation) left over from Christmas.

...as it's a cool evening here, it's perfect!

It's all Armistice's fault for mentioning port. Another cold evening (well, in truth, what would pass for a "nice day" in the UK but freezing now that I've acclimatised) and the port is open again.

Back