recurring sync problems

Newbie dude

like i said on another thread, i got a new computer so i'm having to install cubase all over again. I had this problem on my old computer, and I can't remember if I fixed it or it fixed itself, but I cant seem to fix it now.

When I start up a new project, it says samplerate cant be set, this may be due to something hooked up to an external clock...or something. in my presonus firebox setup, i have the clock set to internal.

Whenever I playback a track, if i play it from the beginning, it works fine, but if i want to play it from, say, the middle, i move the cursor, i hit play, the cursor starts moving, but it doesnt play the audio where the cursor is. it just chooses whatever it feels like playing back. How do i fix this?

Sync problems

I too would love to hear in detail how to fix any and all sync problems regarding Cubase and Firewire

i still can't remember. i can't believe this. I remember it was something to do with something wasn't matching up with something else. Like....the timeline bar "frps" or whatever wasnt matching with some sort of "frps" in the preferences..

grr. This is driving me crazy. I promise, i'm gonna remember it again soon and post it.

I get this from time to time when I startup my computer. For some reason my soundcard will set to 44.1kHz internally, although it still shows as being set at 48kHz. I always look at this (I have the control panel in the startup items folder as it's also input/output mixer). What I do is just reset it to 48kHz manually and then launch Cubase.

What you want to do is disable Windows Sound (from Sounds control panel) so that it won't try to play the regular Windows sounds (like startup and chimes on error dialogs and stuff). That's usually the cause of messing with the soundcard settings.

Back