recording question..or technique

jINXBEATZ

i have my own style but i see alot of these studios using two monitors (screens) i wanna know what is this used for??????

Just so the screens not crowded up with stuff like mixers and whatever other software your using

Yes, two monitors are great. I recently upgraded everything and now have 2 17" TFT monitors. It allows me to have the left monitor for the arrange page, and the right one for the mixer and softsynths/effects etc.

Also doing some work to picture in Cubase last night, so the second monitor I used for the video file output, without getting in the way ofthe arrange page.

I'll be getting another monitor as soon as funds allow. I borrowed my son's 19" DVI TFT in conjunction with my little 15" TFT and I reluctantly gave it him back after my test. Sonar 5 allows you to position various windows outside of the main Sonar window so it's great for say having the console permanently on view

Im using the monitor from my old 486. Tiny thing with a curved screen plugged straight into my laptop. Even though its tiny, it still helps.

Just to point out a cheaper alternative (free)....

You can get this software and basically have 2 desktops. You can set up a hot key such as the tab button to swap back and froth between them. Great for keeping several windows open and accessible but not cluttering your screen.

Get a video card with VGA and DVI outputs. if ur monitors are CRT, then plug one in into the VGA port and get a VGA-to-DVI adapter, and connect the 2nd monitor in into the DVI port. if u have two LCD monitors, then vice-versa.

metalhead28 said:
Just to point out a cheaper alternative (free)....

You can get this software and basically have 2 desktops. You can set up a hot key such as the tab button to swap back and froth between them. Great for keeping several windows open and accessible but not cluttering your screen.
Cant you just minimize and do basically the same thing though? But ive only owned a computer for 2 months so im probably wrong.

Back