recording mix issues with cubase 6

p.babs

Hey there,
I recently just upgraded to cubase 6, and an apple macbook pro (i've alway been a pc guy).

anyways, I'm having an issue with my mix while recording. I'm trying to record a guitar, and it is recording, however the mix i'm getting into my headphone is WAY to loud on the part of the guitar i'm recording.

I've gone into the mixers provided and turned the channels that i'm recording down, and that doesn't help at all (this is all i used to do with cubase 5).

of course this problem causes some issues with recording-as you can't hear the other tracks to play too!

any advise would be appreciated.

(assuming i answer this question correctly)
I'm using a personus fire tube-which i should add i've just realized that although it is connecting and recording properly, the control panel refuses to open. which is where (if memory serves me correct) i used to play with my headphone mix! ahha!

I wish I had remembered this earlier, but I'm glad i did now.

I'll try re-loading my universal control and see how that goes.

That'll affect his record level. I think he's got it right, he needs to get into the Presonus control panel.
Is the input volume not a different thing to the play back volume?
Can you not bring down the fader on the track the guitar is being recorded to and leave the input level at 0?

G

yes the input volume is different. in cubase you have an input mixer aswell as a channel mixer. aslong as you leave your input mixer to level you want to record at then the channel mixer can be altered to how you want it. it will not affect the input level.

yes the input volume is different. in cubase you have an input mixer aswell as a channel mixer. aslong as you leave your input mixer to level you want to record at then the channel mixer can be altered to how you want it. it will not affect the input level.
So it will affect the output volume whilst keeping the recording volume the same?

G

Back