recording guitars

ykarkason

I AM WORKING ON ADOBE AUDITION 3
hi, sup?
so it's like this,
I'm not a pro,
i do things for fun and not for money or any other bullshit,
i am recoreding lots of guitar harmonies , like in the style of brian may(queen),
though i have bunch of time till i'll get to a level that is even a 1/16 of him.

till now i still work with D.I on my guitars, and i thought of start to try recoreding with my lame dynamic mic,

i heard that to get his sound i have to use close miking, is it true?
well, i would try that any way, but i came here to ask you if the results will be fine even thought i don't have acoustic treatment?

thanks, and.... i'm really sorry if there are spelling mistakes, english is ain't my prime language.

:D

Since you are doing it for fun, experiment until you find the sounds you like. Doing it is 90% of the fun.

Guitars

Depending on your sound card/audio interface you can record through a DI like you normally do and then if your sound card has a line out you can plug that into your amp. This is called re-amping and it allows you to move your mic around freely while the output of your sound card plays through the amp.

Try putting the amp in a small room and padding the walls with blankets. That should take some of the "room" sound out of your recordings. Acoustic treatment is important but doesn't have to be expensive. Fiberglass duct board, drapes, and any other thick cloth can be used for cheap fixes. And yes, close miking is the preferred way to record a guitar amp with a dynamic mic.

Word

I AM WORKING ON ADOBE AUDITION 3
hi, sup?
so it's like this,
I'm not a pro,
i do things for fun and not for money or any other bullshit,
i am recoreding lots of guitar harmonies , like in the style of brian may(queen),
though i have bunch of time till i'll get to a level that is even a 1/16 of him.

till now i still work with D.I on my guitars, and i thought of start to try recoreding with my lame dynamic mic,

i heard that to get his sound i have to use close miking, is it true?
well, i would try that any way, but i came here to ask you if the results will be fine even thought i don't have acoustic treatment?

thanks, and.... i'm really sorry if there are spelling mistakes, english is ain't my prime language.

:D

With close miking, room isn't as much of a problem. So don't worry too much
about that just yet.

And, as pointed out earlier, just try it.

It won't cost you anything to try it, and we can't tell you how its going to
sound.

Peace out homes.

Back