recording beats

Kaymir

Hi there my friends

I make beats on my MPC2000XL and got a Fostex Mr-8 recorder

I records my drums in stereo on track 1 nd 2 and the other samples on 4 & 5.. then bounce the whole thing to track 7/8 and convert it to a stereo .wav file!

but if I just record the whole beat to track 1 and 2 (so drums and samples at once) do i get a less quality?

i dont use any fx and all of it is already mixed in the MPC2000XL!

the thing about putting it all in 2 channels is that you might not get less quality but you could get less control over volume and minor eq changes. i cant count how many times I've changed my mind about a sample's volume or the drum volume

Ya'all gotta forgive my back-assward ways. I come from a small town and I just gotta ask.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE BEATS?

WHAT IS IN A BEATS?

DO I NEED BEATS TOO!?

IS A DJ A BEATS?

1. hip-hop/dance instrumentals
2. anything, usually samplers (MPC), synths (Triton), acoustic and electric guitar, bass, acoustic drums and percussion, etc.
3. If you need a beat, you can usually tell from the tingly feeling you get right before you say to yourself, "I need a beat!"
4. Yes, but only if he beatboxes (and technically, only while he is beatboxing).

Kaymir, if you anticipate changing levels on the drums or samples, then split them (the way you're doing now).

If you like the mix out of the MPC, just send it as a single stereo wav.

thnq very much guys for he reply's!

But if I record them as seperate tracks and mix them propper will it sounds more full and pro? :)

Back