recorded guiitar

dolecek1

I use acid pro ro record sometimes audition as well.Well i have a good take on my guitar track, but i can definitly tell that i need to cut certain frequences for a killer recording but, not sure what is the best plugin tio do this with. can someone help please? thank you

dolecek1 said:
I use acid pro ro record sometimes audition as well.Well i have a good take on my guitar track, but i can definitly tell that i need to cut certain frequences for a killer recording but, not sure what is the best plugin tio do this with. can someone help please? thank you

There are lots of free EQ plug ins you could download? Couldn't really name a specific one, but that's where you could start...

rgraves said:
There are lots of free EQ plug ins you could download? Couldn't really name a specific one, but that's where you could start...

Wait your tag says you have waves....uhhh, there's tons of EQs in that software, odd you would have waves and not know how to use it...hmmm :rolleyes:

I personally would have learned how to use an EQ before paying a grand for the Waves plugins...or however much they cost.

With that said, just adjust the EQ to what you think the track needs.

If it sounds too bassy, then lower the bass. Not enough bass, then boost it. Use your ears.

If possible, retrack it with that in mind and try to get as close to the sound you want without EQ.

danny.guitar said:
I personally would have learned how to use an EQ before paying a grand for the Waves plugins...or however much they cost.

With that said, just adjust the EQ to what you think the track needs.

If it sounds too bassy, then lower the bass. Not enough bass, then boost it. Use your ears.

If possible, retrack it with that in mind and try to get as close to the sound you want without EQ.

I think your tag said you have waves diamond, which is a $5000 software program, but looks like you edited it out now...good choice. :D

rgraves said:
I think your tag said you have waves diamond, which is a $5000 software program, but looks like you edited it out now...good choice. :D

:confused:

I never had Waves in my signature.

Oh, unless you're talking to him... :confused:

Put a paramentric EQ on the track. Set up a low shelf at 100 Hz, a Q1 bell filter at 300 Hz, a Q1 bell filter at 1000 Hz, a Q1 bell filter at 3 kHz, and a high shelf at 7 kHz. Make adjustments to as few ranges as possible to get the sound to balance the way you want. Move the frequency ranges around a little and experiment. If you need to apply more than 3 dB change with any filter to get it to sound good then retrack the part and get a better take.

since u have audition....i would stay away from their eq...especially the 10, 20, 30 band...

it doesnt really just cut it.

i would suggest something from
http://www.kvraudio.com/

there are a couple of free plugins that u can have

hope that helped.

Back