Record voice using mask

ectopistes

I need to record an interview using a mask like this one:

T26._yXc0aXXXXXXXX_!!136094060.jpg

When i record using a zoom h1 the sound is always unnnatural, like if i was using a bucket on my head.

What do u think guys? A lapela is the best?

Cheers!

It sounds like a bucket because you have a bucket on your face :facepalm:

The problem you have is that the microphone can only pick up what you sound like, and with the mask on it sounds like you have a mask on, I don't think a lapel mic will work any better.

Alan.

+1.

The mic is picking up.what you sound like with the mask on. There is no mic that will fix that.

What everyone else said.
Do as ecc83 suggests OR cut the mouth section so that it reveals your mouth and you can speak clearly through it.
Full face masks disguise faces AND voice just by their physical nature.

Just do a separate audio recording of the speaking, synch it up on video after. No one will know because you really can't see your lips moving with the mask on.

Just do a separate audio recording of the speaking, synch it up on video after. No one will know because you really can't see your lips moving with the mask on.

I was going to suggest this. People do it in film all the time. It's called ADR, or Automated Dialog Replacement.

Just record yourself talking with a lapel mic or whatever the heck you have laying around to do the video, then re-record the audio while watching the video to sync it up, and replace the "video audio" with the new audio.

Back