Reason

starfox

Anyone use Reason? Whats the best way to arrange my loops using DR Rex Do I just create multiple Rex devices loded with different loops. Im new to this program but learning quicklly. I use reason with a maudio 44 key controller.

I have 2.5 and I'm pretty comfortable with it. You need to use multiple Rex devices for different loops if you want them to use different samples. If you want to use the same samples and just rearrange them differently to make a different beat, you can do that with your MIDI controller or in the MIDI Edit mode. But if you want to have different loops, multiple devices is the only way to go. :D

Dr. Rex uses only loops that have been processed and saved with another Propellerheads program called Recycle. If you have this program, then you're allowed to use any loop on the planet as long as you chop it into little tiny sections with Recycle and save it in a format the Dr. Rex loop player can load.

I didn't want to start a new thread on Reason so I put it here. But it's just a question. Do any of you Reason users find yourself more dependent on one part of it than another or is it pretty much all around? I find myself using Redrum, Subtractor (usually for bass only, but not all the time), NN-19, Malstrom, and NN-XT in that order.

Fieva said:
I didn't want to start a new thread on Reason so I put it here. But it's just a question. Do any of you Reason users find yourself more dependent on one part of it than another or is it pretty much all around? I find myself using Redrum, Subtractor (usually for bass only, but not all the time), NN-19, Malstrom, and NN-XT in that order.

I usually start with a drum beat using redrum (multiples), than thick'n it up with a dr rex loop (sometimes). Yeah i usually use to the subtractor for the bass line, i also like the grand piano on NN-XT. But yeah i approach it practically the same way you do. I'm not on reason much, i need to get some more refills, as it didn't take me long to get sick of the sounds it came with.

I came across a refill for the NN-XT called Big Bass Sounds and I use that one for my bass lines.....I layer that with other bass sounds or maybe the Subtractor for thickness......I use the NN-XT more than anything because I have more refills for it!

i use the redrum obviously, and the nn-xt more than the others.
subtractor for bass, malstrom for weird effects, matrix every once in a while.
spiders are a god send. ive gotten out tight situations using the spider.

NN-XT is tight if you download all the soundfonts you can get a hold of and use them stretched out across. Otherwise you use them in redrum as a one shot. I haven't heard of the NN-XT Big Bass refill, is there a demo available on it?

The Big Bass version I have is something a friend put together, he wasn't selling it or nothing. Once I installed it, I got rid of it! It's has some heavy bass refills, it sounds like a real bass..............

How big is the refill, I might want to try it if that's ok. I'm loading up on soundfonts for NN-XT and refills across the board (except redrum, I tend to use dr. rex parts or my own wav samples for that). I figured it was time to expand things a little bit.

Back