Realistic Microphones

bryanparkin

Hi

I have a Realistic microphone that I use to record rap vocals. For some reason it always seems to sound muffled when compared to comercial records. This is even when listening through my excellent quality creative labs computer speakers. Does anybody have any advice on how to get some better quality from my realistic microphone? I have tried turning on the phantom power but it doesn't make any difference??

Bryan

Is the microphone actually in your mouth? Or are you just holding it up to it? That's a common mistake newbies make, you have to shove that thing in your mouth and sing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

excellent quality creative computer speakers???!?

ok, back off the mic a bit, open your mouth more when you sing, get some room treatment, a pair of monitors and learn how to be an excellent engineer and then it will sound like commercial records.

bryanparkin said:
Hi

I have a Realistic microphone that I use to record rap vocals. For some reason it always seems to sound muffled when compared to comercial records. This is even when listening through my excellent quality creative labs computer speakers. Does anybody have any advice on how to get some better quality from my realistic microphone? I have tried turning on the phantom power but it doesn't make any difference??

Bryan

i thought this post was a joke too. with the excellent creative labs speakers. i understand that peeps wanna big budget sounding recording on a radio shack studio...IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.

I have a realistic microphone... I use it for talkback. That's the only action it sees and will ever see. I would personally suggest investing in a better microphone.

is realistic the brand, or is it a classification that i am not aware of?

hi, my mic is realistic; it looks real and almost acts like the real thing, except its plastic and is full of chocolate and caramel inside.

This Is Poison said:
I have a realistic microphone... I use it for talkback. That's the only action it sees and will ever see. I would personally suggest investing in a better microphone.

Most of them, definitely, but I've run across a few Made in Japan ones that are actually very nice.

TragikRemix said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

excellent quality creative computer speakers???!?

ok, back off the mic a bit, open your mouth more when you sing, get some room treatment, a pair of monitors and learn how to be an excellent engineer and then it will sound like commercial records.

smirk.
Sounds like a Walters post to me.

Hi

I know the realistic mic is good quality as I picked the best one they had in the shop. The salesman assured me I would get good rap vocals with it. I just cant understand why it doesn't sound as good as Puff Daddy. I am using the best quality creative labs soundcard and speakers as well.

I am confused as how having two monitors will help the sound?

The phantom power does nothing to the sound, it seems pointless.

Bryan

was i the salesperson??

i promised some kid that a nady starpower would do the same thing..

its a cheap POS mic. get over it, the salesperson ripped ya because you were not a knowledgable consumer. do your research before hand.

or troll?

and mr. troll, your speakers and soundcard suck too.

they arent anything near 'prosumer' or 'pro audio' or even recording grade. they are standard PC crap.

With the right pre-amp "Purely Fantasy Microphones" beat the face of "Realistic Microphones" every time!

I used a Realistic Uniball for about 7 years in the early 80's when I began & before the internet was about to guide me a little. I knew no one else with a porta studio that had anything better - poor cousins we Aussie's - it wasn't great I know NOW. But with the porta's preamp and care I made so OK recordings.
If it's muffled it could be the mic, or a whole lot of other things.
Must say, being pre home computer recording taht I didn't have comp speakers to stoop to. Nice home stereo unit though!!!!

Back