Questions about selling a stickered up guitar

elenore19

Slowing becoming un-noob.
Hey everyone! I'm trying to sell a the first guitar I bought (esp f-100fm). Great for metal, but that's not my thing anymore. Anyways I was young and thought tons of stickers all over it looked cool--- Should I try and sell it as is? Or should I take a razorblade to it to get all those stickers off?
It has upgraded pickups and I'm only lookin to get 150-200 bucks for it.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!

-Elliot

Leave the stickers on it. You will almost certainly have shading in the finish where they have been and depending on the finish they could have affected that to. Whatever you do don't use a razor blade unless it has grown hairs. If you are intent on moving them then naphtha is the first port of call. test on a hidden area of finish first.

I would leave them for the next owner to worry about.

Since you're not looking to get much for the git, budgetary requirements and in a pinch if you have some around the house you can try charcoal lighter fluid(which i'm pretty sure most is naphtha based) to cut/remove sticker residue. Test first. There are a few products out there, such as "goof off" and "goo gone", but definitely test first in a inconspicuous area. A little drop and if the finish tacks, stop.

Or depending on what the stickers say, maybe just leave them, or charge extra.

Back