Processing fx in CW9

Chipster

Hello,
Is there a way of adding fx on the fly in cakewalk? I'm running a fast machine, but even then it takes so long to process fx after the fact. As far as that goes, can it be done in Sonar5? I have both, but it is going to take a while to get up to speed on sonar, and since I'm used to working in CW I'm still using it while learning.

I've only used recent Sonar, so can't say anything about CW9.

If you're asking how to, for example, track a vocal line and actually hear the reverb in your 'phones as you're singing, I've been unable to accomplish that.

I THINK that what you're asking, though, is whether you can put easily put effects in the signal chain (and take them back out), rather than a) open a .wav, b) select an effect, c) click apply, d) check if you like it, e) hit undo if you dont, ....

If that's what you're asking, then yes - you can add an effect to the fx bin for an individual track, and that effect will have a dedicated window with its controls that you can tweak on the fly - you can even automate some (including all of those in the sonitus:fx suite that comes with Sonar 5).

LfO said:
I've only used recent Sonar, so can't say anything about CW9.

If you're asking how to, for example, track a vocal line and actually hear the reverb in your 'phones as you're singing, I've been unable to accomplish that.

I THINK that what you're asking, though, is whether you can put easily put effects in the signal chain (and take them back out), rather than a) open a .wav, b) select an effect, c) click apply, d) check if you like it, e) hit undo if you dont, ....

If that's what you're asking, then yes - you can add an effect to the fx bin for an individual track, and that effect will have a dedicated window with its controls that you can tweak on the fly - you can even automate some (including all of those in the sonitus:fx suite that comes with Sonar 5).

That's exactly what I'm asking. That's way too cool. I really need to just bite the bullet and start using Sonar5. I got it a week or so ago, and have installed it. However, it is so complexed that I have some difficulty getting around in it. I am totally blind, and rely on a screen reader to access the screen. My software can be trained to a great deal, but it is going to take a lot of sighted assistance, to bring it all together. I have also bought a Behringer BCF2000, and hope to really integrate it in to my setup. It really is a lot easier to use knobs, faders, and buttons than to try and acomplish it with screen access software.

So couldn't I setup a preset on my bcf2000 to track these windows? and if so I guess I need to do a lot of reading and ask questions in that forum.

Back