Probs with M-Audio Fast Track Pro

wcameron

I have been using my Zoom H4n as a computer interface up until today. I worked like magic. Plug it in, connect to computer and suddenly all my inputs show up and my headphone monitor shows up as an output option so I can monitor recordings.

I decided to upgrade to an M-audio Fast Track Pro USB today and I can't get it to do ANYTHING.

I downloaded the latest software for my two machines (one xp and the other vista 64 bit). The software was installed and the Fast Track connected. It recognized it in both machines and installed the device. I opened Adobe Audition 3.0 and set the Audio driver to M-Auidio USB ASIO. I set the input to Line In 1 Fast Track Pro (left xlr jack) to connect it to my Audio-Technica AT2020. The first thing I noticed was that the signal light does not come on. It blinks as I insert the cable but then does nothing. I can't get a signal and I can't hear anything through my headphones. I have selected the correct input on Fast Track by making sure the left selector is depressed to choose line instead of instrument.

I have also made sure to turn on phantom power and the indicator light shows that it IS active.

I appreciate any input before I take this device back and get the Tascam 144 instead. I'd love to get it to work but so far I can't get it to do anything on any of my various machines.

Took the M-Audio back and got a TASCAM 144 MkII. What a difference. It works as advertised and doesn't mess with my native sound card so that other apps don't work correctly.

Back