problems with multiple m-audio soundcards

teddyastuffed

hey everyone! i have an issue with my soundcards that i dont know how to address. i had an audiophile 2496 and recently got a delta 1010lt and wanna use both for more inputs (duh !). anyways, i got everything working with my mixer (behringer ub2442) by pluggin all the direct outs of the 8 channels to the 2 inputs on my 2496 and the other 6 in my 1010lt. all the inputs can accept inputs (i tested all the inputs while watching the meters in the control panel), but the problem is that the 2 inputs for the 2496 go to the output on the 2496, where the 6 inputs for the 1010lt exit out the 1010lt's outputs. is tehre a way i can trigger the 6 inputs on the 1010lt to exit out the the 2496 (which then go back to my mixer for monitoring purposes)? i cant seem to figure this problem out.

and btw i am NOT daisy chaining my two soundcards using the spdif i/o's. i dont really want to unless i need to, but if thats the only solution then i will.

any input would be greating appreciated. thanks !

Well, this is one case where you do want to chain the s/pdif.

What you need to do here is get both cards in the same monitor mixer.

So...
1010 s/pdif out > 2496 s/pdif in.

1010 Patchbay set s/pdif out = monitor mixer.

2496 Hardware settings Clock = External.

2496 Patchbay set the out 1/2 = monitor mixer.

The 1010 monitor mixers stereo master output is now feeding the 2496 mixer on the s/pdif input fader.

Think you need to check multicard sync too, if not already done so.

Back