Problems rendering....

showstone

I've been using Reaper for 2 years now.

Starting today, when I render a WAV the rendered track stutters, not reallys stutters, clips? pops?

I have unistalled/installed Reaper. Same with my UAD software. The problem is still there. I have tried changing from 44100 to 48000....24 to 16 bit.

I am in the middle of a mixing project for a potential client and this is catastrophic. Has anyone had a similiar problem or have any ideas on how to fix this?

I already skimmed the Reaper forum and found no problem similar to mine.

I am completely baffled, I have rendered tracks a GAZILLION times....I have no clue what could have changed.

It also affects the "apply fx to track as new take" and "render items as new takes" also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried to render it offline?
I believe there is a option for UAD cards somewhere under preferences.

Always render your files on a separate hard drive.
You could also try to increase buffer size and/or latency timing.

I've been using Reaper for 2 years now.

Starting today, when I render a WAV the rendered track stutters, not reallys stutters, clips? pops?

I have unistalled/installed Reaper. Same with my UAD software. The problem is still there. I have tried changing from 44100 to 48000....24 to 16 bit.

I am in the middle of a mixing project for a potential client and this is catastrophic. Has anyone had a similiar problem or have any ideas on how to fix this?

I already skimmed the Reaper forum and found no problem similar to mine.

I am completely baffled, I have rendered tracks a GAZILLION times....I have no clue what could have changed.

It also affects the "apply fx to track as new take" and "render items as new takes" also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not going to be of much help, but your problem is a new one to me . . . at least in Reaper. Like you, I have rendered in Reaper a gazillion times without problems, without worrying about buffers, without worrying about sample or bit rates, without worrying about formats (MP3s etc), without worrying about what I speed I rendered at, and without worrying about render destinations (which have varied from the same drive, a network drive, a USB stick and so on.

I have, however, experienced that problem in Logic. I've bounced a file, only to find later it had pops and clicks in it. This was Logic 5.1, which works on XP. The cause was indeterminate, but fixed by cleaning out the system and removing any polling software (e.g. screen savers). The work-around was to re-bounce the bits of a song where there was unwelcome noise, and paste the bits together in Sound Forge (or similar . . . I can't remember what I used at the time . . . it was a while ago).

Have you tried doing a system restore to a few days ago? It's possible that you may have picked up something that is hijacking your processing power.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

Gecko, my computer has never been connected to the internet. It is strictly for the studio. My system restore is disabled, and it is highly unlikely that I could have picked up a virus/spyware/malware considering that it isn't connected to the web.. I do transfer files, tracks, and plugins, authorizations things of that nature with a USB stick. But everything SHOULD be automaticallys scanned by this computer and I am really only downloading from reputable sites, UAD and Cuckos.

Fade, I do have dual hardrives, I have program files on one and keep my wav's on another, is that what you meant?

I appreciate the help, I defragged the "C" drive last nite and am going to go check the UAD settings under preferences per FadingMusic's suggestion.

Anything else?

Ok, so I have uninstalled/installed Reaper, UAD, defragged the drives, cleaned both discs, gone thru and reset all plugin preferences. It appears to have worked.

Towards the end, I narrowed it down to UAD plugins being the final culprit. What was so baffling to me, was that, the problem went from non-existant to noticable to horrible....then with each thing I did(see above) it gradually went back the other way.

Thanx Gecko and Fading. I think the final remedy was the "UAD synchronomous mode" and the "notify plugins of offline state" thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Back