Problem with my UB2442 Mixer

juzcook

Well I haven't used my mixer for about a month, and I was just setting everything up at home to record my band's jam sessions. So I've set everything up, and I decide to do some sound checks to get the levels right... but when I line in to my comp, I notice the elvels aren't appearing to be very loud OR clear. Also, when I pick some notes to check the levels, my monitor on the mixer (the series of lights that light up based on volume input) don't light up at all. I tried different mics, leads and channels and they're all the same. So I'm guessing my mic pre-amps are the problem? The lights do light up when u remove a mic or something from the channel, which is odd. Can anyone give me some dieas on what's causing this and how I can go about getting it fixed? Thanks

juzcook said:
Well I haven't used my mixer for about a month, and I was just setting everything up at home to record my band's jam sessions. So I've set everything up, and I decide to do some sound checks to get the levels right... but when I line in to my comp, I notice the elvels aren't appearing to be very loud OR clear. Also, when I pick some notes to check the levels, my monitor on the mixer (the series of lights that light up based on volume input) don't light up at all. I tried different mics, leads and channels and they're all the same. So I'm guessing my mic pre-amps are the problem? The lights do light up when u remove a mic or something from the channel, which is odd. Can anyone give me some dieas on what's causing this and how I can go about getting it fixed? Thanks

Not sure on that board but is it in PFL mode ( prefade listen) setting and then soloing to set the gain control (mic/line)
Have you pluged into the correct out puts and asigned the channels correctly.
as for the led/meter believe that that has to be in one of the modes selected by a push button.
Crossing my fingers this will help you :)

Last edited:
I just had a problem with my UB1204FX mixer....I would turn on the power and none of the LEDs would light up...The phantom power LED would come on if I flipped the switch, but that was the only thing that indicated any power was getting into the unit.

I had a guy fix it and it turned out the problem was a bad diode and capacitor in the power supply. The capacitor went bad and shorted the diode. He was able to fix it for $45....cheaper than buying a new mixer.

I did a little research online at various forums and it looked like Behringer may have had a problem with those capacitors failing for units manufactured in mid-to-late 2002. There's a tag on the back of the mixer with the manufacture date...mine was from 0702, so it fits in with the time frame of the possible problem.

After the fix, everything is good to go....the mixer actually seems a little quieter...the guy who fixed it says the bad capacitor could have been adding some noise....

So....don't know if your problem is the same...but I thought I'd throw it out as it kinda sounds similar....

Good luck!

Thanks for your input guys, I don't think it would have much to do with buttons I have on because the alst time I used it it was fine... and I did try pressing them all. I don't particularly want to send it away under warranty because I NEED my mixer :( . Any ideas where I could take it to get it fixed? I bought it off of an ebay store, so I can't take it to my favourite music store or they'll be like "eh?". I'll check the year thing when I get home (I'm at work).

Back