power amp for a 488?

rib

Just curios: i recently ordered a 488 and my friend said if i plugged mics directly into the 488 no signal would come....he said i needed a power amp and then run from the Power amp to the 488.....am i in need of a poweramp or he just juggling my nuts?

the 488 has 2 mic pre channels, you may have to purchase a couple of xlr to 1/4 inch impedance converters at roughly thirteen bucks a piece (radio shack or guitar center) but that should be it

Yo BBQ RIBS:}

With the two ins that have mic pres, you can input, as well as input via 1/4 inch cables from a synth, electric piano, etc.

But, you will need something to "hear" your tracks and that means some type of amp.

I still use an integrated amp to run my entire rig. The RCA stereo outs on the 488 can go directly into an integrated amp. From mine, I run two tape decks, [don't do much tape anymore though] and a CD player and I can record from either to any of; I also have plugs for two sets of speakers which can be turned on/off or one pair, like monitors to mix. I also have a phone plug and AUX for whatever. This Yam amp also has a clear through switch which bypasses any coloration from the amp itself -- but the amp sounds good too and has adjustment buttons if needed.

I now use the Yam 2816 and still run the RCA stereo outs into my integrated amp.

With the integrated amp, I don't need one for the speakers; and, if I move into amped speakers, I still won't need an additional amp.

Something to look at.

Green Hornet:D :p :cool:

I use a late seventies sansui integrated amp and (here it comes) optimus lx-5's and my mixes translate pretty well. I want to get 688. But, ther's a lot that you can do with the 488. Have fun first. Wait a little while to start worrying about results.

Back