Post your latest purchase!

Refurbished a banjo. It was in a fire and was not in great shape. Had the nut replaced, I replaced the tuning pegs, skin and bridge. All of the metal parts I soaked in CLR to remove the rust. Adjusting the bridge and the head was very much trail and error.

I tuned it to open G, and now starting to learn how to play it. This is an instrument you have to have a strap, it does not sit on the knee very well, despite what the songs says.

View attachment 95776

Nice to see an instrument brought back to life rather than put in the trash. Good luck with learning to play it, they're great fun. I've had mine for a while now and love it.

Two of these.
IMO I think they're about the best live vocal mic going.

VERY high output before feedback (soundguys often comment, "That's a hot mic!" ) and a wonderful full-range sound.

I've been gladly paying $130 for them but everywhere is blowing them out at $80.
I may very well buy a couple more.

Electro Voice N/D767a | Sweetwater.com

Attachments

• ND767A-large.jpg
    ND767A-large.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 92
Two of these.

VERY high output before feedback (soundguys often comment, "That's a hot mic!" ) and a wonderful full-range sound.

I've been gladly paying $130 for them but everywhere is blowing them out at $80.

Henry said the very same thing a year or so ago. I asked which would be a good vocal mic for live work and he came back with this recommendation.

Henry said the very same thing a year or so ago. I asked which would be a good vocal mic for live work and he came back with this recommendation.
yeah, they're killer .... oddly though, they don't work that great for guitar cabs ..... they respond up to 22k and that seems to be too much high-end for amps but for vocals they're unbeatable.

Two of these.

Yeah I've got one of those. It is hot like you said. I prefer it to SM58s for some voices.

Bought a Korg G4 rotary speaker simulator last month from a guy in Japan. It arrived within a week. Then I had to wait another month for some 9V center-negative wall warts to arrive from China. Then I didn't have time to try it out because I was in the middle of moving to a new place. I'm gonna try it out with the jazz organ tones on a Casio MT-70 as soon as I figure out which box my 7.5V wall wart is in.

Just won this at the local auction for £20. It's awesome! Nice ornament and I'm sure it'll get used along my musical journey.

540x360.jpg

Bought an old Telephone from an auction and this old (50's?) Grundig Microphone came with. Plugged it in and it produces sound. Some more investigation and trialing tomorrow. :thumbs up:

Image00001.jpg

My new Mohammed Ali limited edition tassel boxing shoes. Had to have them. :D

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Back