Post your latest purchase!

Recently sold my Roland VS2480 24 Track and had the cash sitting around for a while while I decided what to invest in. I've always been fascinated by and wanted to learn to play the Banjo so I thought I'd have a crack at it and purchased one of these little beauts. Just waiting on a delivery from Germany. Should be here tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Next up, some dungarees, straw hat and a rockin' chair. Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw! :thumbs up:

J18072000001000-00-750x750.jpg

Recently sold my Roland VS2480 24 Track and had the cash sitting around for a while while I decided what to invest in. I've always been fascinated by and wanted to learn to play the Banjo so I thought I'd have a crack at it and purchased one of these little beauts. Just waiting on a delivery from Germany. Should be here tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Next up, some dungarees, straw hat and a rockin' chair. Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw! :thumbs up:

View attachment 92955

Haha, awesome. I've been thinking of trying a banjo too.

Haha, awesome. I've been thinking of trying a banjo too.

Haha, you should. I reckon it's going to be loads of fun, whilst frustrating as hell, learning.

It's something I've wanted to learn for years now, along with drums. I'm already on the go with the drumming so I thought I'd give the Banjo a go too. I watched a bunch of video's about taking one to bits and setting up to learning the picking rolls and everything in between, so I'm now a lot more clued up on the instrument as a whole.

I've even had an old acoustic strung and tuned like a Banjo for a bit of practice until the real thing arrives. I think it'll take me a long time to get used to the thumb and finger picks though. They feel so alien.

If only DHL would hurry up! :thumbs up:

Haha, you should. I reckon it's going to be loads of fun, whilst frustrating as hell, learning.

It's something I've wanted to learn for years now, along with drums. I'm already on the go with the drumming so I thought I'd give the Banjo a go too. I watched a bunch of video's about taking one to bits and setting up to learning the picking rolls and everything in between, so I'm now a lot more clued up on the instrument as a whole.

I've even had an old acoustic strung and tuned like a Banjo for a bit of practice until the real thing arrives. I think it'll take me a long time to get used to the thumb and finger picks though. They feel so alien.

If only DHL would hurry up! :thumbs up:

I can already do some rudimentary finger picking via my extensive training at classical guitar for one whole semester in college, so that's kind of why I'm thinking a little bit of trying a banjo. I'm not fast or clean enough to do anything good on a banjo, but I'm at least familiar with finger picking. It is quite hard.

Yeah, I can finger pick pretty damn good. Been doing it for 18 yrs now. In all those years though I've never used any picks on my fingers or thumb. I got some the other day to have a go and see how they feel. Weird as hell is how. :laughings: Like anything though, practice and patience. Although there isn't any written rule to say you have to use picks. It just gives you that "Classic Banjo" sound.

As you can pick already, that'll be a bonus. Learning the new patterns/rolls for banjo will be a doddle. Speed will come with practice and time. That's my theory anyway.

I've never finger picked with finger picks though. Only just my raw, sexy fingers. And even then I'm not great at it. Maybe I'll just stick with powerchords and deadly loud electric guitars. That's much easier. :D

I bought a banjo a year or so ago and can play it okay. I find trying to fit it into a song is more difficult. I haven't pulled it down in a while and maybe it's time to get at it again.

I bought a banjo a year or so ago and can play it okay. I find trying to fit it into a song is more difficult. I haven't pulled it down in a while and maybe it's time to get at it again.

I've not even thought about trying to fit a banjo in to a song, just as something to learn.

Something of a challenge. :thumbs up:

It is a beautiful instrument. Really nice to play although I'm struggling a bit with getting good posture. It's not the most comforting instrument in the world. Got a strap and a hardcase on order for it now and I think the strap will help.

Here's Doris. (I felt like naming it)

Image00002.jpg - Image00001.jpg

I've not even thought about trying to fit a banjo in to a song, just as something to learn.

Something of a challenge. :thumbs up:

It is a beautiful instrument. Really nice to play although I'm struggling a bit with getting good posture. It's not the most comforting instrument in the world. Got a strap and a hardcase on order for it now and I think the strap will help.

Here's Doris. (I felt like naming it)

The banjo did not become a lead instrument until (I think) Bill Monroe used it in Bluegrass. I saw/heard where a guy in Ohio is using it for more of a rhythm instrument with very good results. Been thinking of getting one to add to my list. Mandolin is also on my list.

Back