Post your latest purchase!

Thanks dude. :)

In case yall couldn't tell, that's an Angus Young signature SG. I'm not typically a fan of any kind of signature gear, but I love this one. And I aint gonna lie, the silly lightning bolt inlays make me happy. :D

Want some speed knobs with rainbow peace signs on 'em? :)

I know this thread hasn't been posted in for quite some time. I have come here in hopes of reviving it...and also to say that I'm having a butt ton of fun squashing things with my new (to me) DBX 163X.

Slick looking guitar. Are those P90 pickups? Does your Angus SG have humbuckers or P90s?

Moog MF-104M Super Delay and MF-101 Envelope Filter.

Been looking at Pigtronix Philosopher King too for a while.

Presonus Audiobox USB. Oh, and some more RAM. :D

I've got an earlier incarnation, the Firestudio Mobile. I really like it. The drivers are pretty good, low latency, and about the number of ins and outs and connections I want. Ever since I got it, I've been looking for another interface that might replace it. Maybe RME make one. But this one works. So...anyway...how do you like yours?

I've got an earlier incarnation, the Firestudio Mobile. I really like it. The drivers are pretty good, low latency, and about the number of ins and outs and connections I want. Ever since I got it, I've been looking for another interface that might replace it. Maybe RME make one. But this one works. So...anyway...how do you like yours?

Hi, dobro. I like mine very much. There's a slight noise issue with it - it's quite sensitive to placement near other electrical gear. It doesn't help that our house is filled with damned low-energy lightbulbs dirtying up the supply. The sound is very good though, both for recording and through the 'phones. Two balanced inputs with great preamps and midi connections (which I don't use at present). I still use my Boss BR-800 for recording drums as it does four tracks simultaneously, but I transfer those tracks to my DAW and do overdubs with the Audiobox. Excellent value for under £80.00 (a little over $100). The latency appears to be effectively zero, unless you try to record guitar through a sim plugin, then there is a tiny but noticeable lag. :)

new earpads for the Sony MDR-7506 hedphones....
after wrestling with buying a new set or not, I went cheap and $10 set that will probably last 12 months like the last cheap pair. the others were $28 or $28 each etc...or velour Beyers that supposedly fit too.

then a new SM7 foam slip piece and the big Foam ball....the big foam ball was so rotty if you accidentally got your mouth on it about 10,00000,00000 tiny black molecular specs would cover your face and enter the mouth coating the tongue.

Just picked up some new speakers for my home pooter.
They're Klipsch. 2.1 system or something...
35 watt satellite speakers and 130 watt sub.

Holy shit! Loud, punchy, a lot of clarity. Damn good sound.

Scared the hell outta one of my dogs.
:)

Epiphone Hummingbird Pro. I actually got this guitar in March as an early (April) Birthday present from myself/wife. I drove the wife mad on the shopping trip as I barter for everything. If I can get a few quid off the price, I will. The guitar was £219 and the case £70. Chuck in a new set of strings and it was close to £300 in total. I paid £240 after some negotiating and managed to con 2 sets of strings. (I think he forgot he put a set in the case when he handed me the other)

Anyway, it's a nice replacement for my long time gigging guitar which has now been retired. It's too precious to me to be out and about now. I really didn't like the under-saddle pick up so I replaced that with a Artec Soundhole Pickup. (same Mod as I did on my old acoustic) I also cannot stand those horrible truss rod covers with shitty little writing on saying what the guitar is, in this case, a black one with Hummingbird Pro on it. It had to go. I replaced that with a white pearl one to match the fret inlays.

Next I'll be changing the preamp to a better one with a tuner.

Image00001.jpg

Back