Post Your Analog Recordings Here...

Try it yourself and see how it turns out.

Yeah, I did this already and thought the results were pretty good, pretty close to how I wanted things to sound. I was just trying to see if having a Mastering Engineer would make it better and so far it has only made things worse. A LOT WORSE. I'd like to send it to Massive Mastering, I sent him an email about 2 hours ago and I'd like to see what he has to say about the project.

Well thanks again for the help dodge, :D
-Barrett

Here's a background piece that I did as part of a bigger project. Everything is purely analog, even the signal generator (an early-1960s HP tube oscillator).

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the process of making this piece, let me know :)

This needs to be played through headphones or a decent stereo.

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions about this mix.

This is eight-track 1/2" analog mixed direct to a host site.

There is a digital dropout that occured at 1:06 during the upload, and pay no attention to that man singing. Or trying too. Before it's remixed for another upload I was looking for anything constructive.

http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...ns+recording

Here's a background piece that I did as part of a bigger project. Everything is purely analog, even the signal generator (an early-1960s HP tube oscillator).

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the process of making this piece, let me know :)

This needs to be played through headphones or a decent stereo.

That's an awesome loop Jeff. I'd like to hear it when you put it in a song.

Not a bad sound. It reminds me of Jimmy Buffet's changes in latitudes. Is that what you were going for.

I've always been a Buffet fan, but the song comes from after taking a vacation in Europe with my ex-wife. Everyone says it sounds like Buffet so I take it as a compliment.

Thanks for the listen.

No, no membership required. I've listened to others' tunes from this site before with no trouble. I'm out of links to the music. I don't know what else to try.

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with that either. It just dumps me on the main page - do you have to be a member to view the song or something? I don't recall having this problem before.

I'm having the same problem.... If you have the time try lightningmp3.com

Try this link for the tune:
I don't know what's up ith these damn hosting sites that can't provide a link that works. Nowhereradio is the same way.

Yes, that worked. Nice job, by the way. I guess I missed the dropout, I couldn't really see anything to complain about.

Tascam 424mkIII Demo #2, 03-13-10

Tascam 424mkIII Demo #2, 03-13-10

... [cover] by the Beatles. Recorded 03-13-10 on the Tascam 424mkIII, using TEAC MC-210 condenser mic, Mitchell MD-100 acoustic guitar and Ibanez GSR-200 bass. The first recording I've done this year and for about 9 months since.

New tune for 2010!

It's the usual hack job on the usual subject matter.

Appx 9 months since my last recording project.

More to come soon.

Enjoy!:eek:;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm still kickin.

4-track is pretty stripped, in general, and especially for a tune like this one. I'd considered re-doing it in 8-track, but will probably just move on at the moment and knock something else out on the 4-track. I need the practice, and it's fine to start small for now.:eek:;)

Back