please check out the drum sound on my video!

mahzerwrath

i just recorded a video to test out my new cymbals (meinl) and how they sound with my mics. i was wondering if anyone could give me an opinion on the sound of the drums (all acoustic) if you have any drumming advice, or opinions i would love those as well.

Last edited:
That's some pretty quick drumming and it sounds pretty good. Do you have anything with more than just the drums, because it would be interesting to hear these drums with the other instruments. Just an observation, I would like to hear more.

Trump

That's some pretty quick drumming and it sounds pretty good. Do you have anything with more than just the drums, because it would be interesting to hear these drums with the other instruments. Just an observation, I would like to hear more.

Trump

i am actually currently writing a solo that involves drums accompanied by guitar. im going to record it, mix it, and post a video of it.

other then that, i have some other tracks (although they are metal, not my favorite style) that you can check here. soundclick.com/mahzerwrath

the drums in the mp3s via my soundclick link are sampled, and i am not a big fan of how they sound, nor am i a fan of the mix.

but its a good example of faster drumming with guitar.

im glad you liked the video and thanks for the kind words, ill post some more stuff soon.

Dude, I listened to both of the songs there and for sure the drums are a little too loud for my liken'. That is solid ass guitar playin' though. It sounds a little MIDI' ish and I don't know if you did that, but I know it can be done. The other thing I noticed was no bass at all. I will say that I am on PC speakers, but I usually hear the bass on hear pretty well. It's some great performances, however, and I am anticipating these songs with your drums.

Trump

Dude, I listened to both of the songs there and for sure the drums are a little too loud for my liken'. That is solid ass guitar playin' though. It sounds a little MIDI' ish and I don't know if you did that, but I know it can be done. The other thing I noticed was no bass at all. I will say that I am on PC speakers, but I usually hear the bass on hear pretty well. It's some great performances, however, and I am anticipating these songs with your drums.

Trump

yeah i am not a big fan of the production on these recordings, the guitars sound that way because its an artificial guitar tone. it was reamped using revalver which is a peavey based VST plugin. (obviously doesnt sound as good as a real amp)

the drumming performance is all me though (even though i hate the way the drums sound)

i will def be posting some new stuff for you to check out soon. as well as a periphery "insomnia" play a long.

Back