Pedal with multiple od or distortion modes

To tame harsh or 'fizzy" sound, run a fuzz through a DS1 or OD1. Loads of sustain without the nasty noisy stuff.

I have an Ibanez TS808DX tube screamer, a tech 21 plexi and a Chandler 911 overdrive and I don't use any of them 99% of the time.
I am not fond of distortion. The Ibanez has two different distortions to switch between. I have been trying to sell the Ibanez and tech 21
for quite a long time. I guess no one else likes distortion?

Attachments

• od.jpg
    od.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 4
  • tech-21-hot-rod-plexi-2911840.jpg
    tech-21-hot-rod-plexi-2911840.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 4
  • ts.jpg
    ts.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 4
I’m a composer, songwriter. I need various and versatile stuff. From jazz, folk to metal.
Give me the most versatile od and distortion units available. Brit, USA and other custom flavours. Enlighten me. Thnxx

I have an Ibanez TS808DX tube screamer, a tech 21 plexi and a Chandler 911 overdrive and I don't use any of them 99% of the time.
I am not fond of distortion. The Ibanez has two different distortions to switch between. I have been trying to sell the Ibanez and tech 21
for quite a long time. I guess no one else likes distortion?

I use several pedals and often just distorting amps. The trick is to set them so that rolling off the volume of the guitar changes the timbre. Distortion adds harmonics, the more distortion, the richer the harmonics. Which is not always what is right for a particular song.
Distortion also changes the envelope of a signal, creating a more even amplitude. Again, may or may not be right for a given track.

I use several pedals and often just distorting amps. The trick is to set them so that rolling off the volume of the guitar changes the timbre. Distortion adds harmonics, the more distortion, the richer the harmonics. Which is not always what is right for a particular song.
Distortion also changes the envelope of a signal, creating a more even amplitude. Again, may or may not be right for a given track.
I have been playing almost sixty years. There's no trick to them, I just don't like the distorted sound produced by a pedal. Give me a small enough amp where I can crank it up and control a portion of the distortion, able to be controlled by my attack on the strings. I used to use two amps at one time. A Fender Pro Reverb and an Ampeg VT22. The VT22 for loud and clean and the Pro for Cranked and dirty. It got a little difficult lugging them around, especially the VT22 w/EVs. I used distortion in cover bands because I had to. When doing my own material I don't use it often.

I use amp distortion more often than pedals myself but pushing an amp with a gain stage before amplification is sometimes exactly what a part needs. I refuse to limit my tones to just those available with amps.

I am about to put up the tube screamer and the Tech21 on ebay at lower prices than any there if anyone is interested.

Wren & Cuff has made the BM-20

Do u know any other od or distortion pedals that have such big flexibility, options??
Thnx
Take a look at the Boss ME-80. Multiple Pedals.....each of which can be adjusted. You can chain "pedals" and they can have the effect you want one each other.

Mick

Reactions: RFR
So what's with the analog need? Your inquiry here caused me to have an interest. The Strymon Sunset looks very strong for providing OD variation and options. It's definitely digital - but I own 4 of their pedals and they are top notch.

So what's with the analog need? Your inquiry here caused me to have an interest. The Strymon Sunset looks very strong for providing OD variation and options. It's definitely digital - but I own 4 of their pedals and they are top notch.

I like beer with alcohol, thnx

That’s a fukn good digital stuff, but currently I need analog. Thnxx
Well......the ME-80 is fully analog controlled. It does have a digital readout to indicate the volume setting for each pedal (trust me that's handy) and for the integrated guitar tuner. Think of it as many, many Boss effects pedals put into one device with all the same analog components the pedals use.

Mick

Well......the ME-80 is fully analog controlled. It does have a digital readout to indicate the volume setting for each pedal (trust me that's handy) and for the integrated guitar tuner. Think of it as many, many Boss effects pedals put into one device with all the same analog components the pedals use.

Mick
It’s a COSM digital modelling stuff. Why do you call it analog??

Spend some time watching “That Pedal Show” or the JHS pedal YouTube channel .
Try different stuff out.

Seems this thread is unproductive. Any suggestions we present get rejected.

You gotta try different pedals out for yourself, see what works for you.

Back