pedal questions

dragonworks

Banned
thinking of maybe replacing some pedals. I have a TC nova repeater for a delay. Main problem is sometimes live you hit the kill dry button by mistake and that is a big deal. I would like to replace it with something that has tap tempo, and two different settings you can go back and forth between the two.
I am using a Chandler overdrive pedal, sounds great, problem, once overdrive is on, there is no where else to go. I need a tube overdrive that has two settings you can go back and forth between. When you have a bit of crunch you can go to the other setting and kick it up.
Any suggestions so when I go out to check some out I am not wasting my time?
Thanx

The delay side of the equation I have no idea. I've been using a BBE Two Timer, and it works well, but a little limited, and no tap tempo. For overdrive, if money is no object, an Analog Man KOT might be the last overdrive you buy. Seriously. If you like TC, the Nova Drive is something to try, while you save money and time (the wait list for a KOT is insane). What else? SD Twin Tube? Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde? The Jetter JetDrive is really nice.
The overdrive side of your search is easy enough, since there are a few out there to try. I just don't know about the delay side.

I was going to try out the SD Twin Tube, have you used one? That is on my list. Anyone use the Line 6 DD4 delay? If so can you give me a rundown?
Thanx

It depends on what you are going to use it for. If you are after digital and really spacey effects I highly recommend the Strymon Timeline. Also has a useful looper in it if that's a thing you like (i sure do). It pretty much has it all. Pretty expensive though but definitely worth it IMO. Has tap tempo and you can switch between two presets like you are asking for. Great analog and tape-emulation along with more spacey ambient stuff. The Eventide Timefactor has pretty much the same features, but I preferred the Timeline (but, of course, some prefer the Timefactor).

If you want something a bit simpler, I heard good tings about the MXR Carbon Copy. Cost less than the Timeline and it is analog which may or may not be a good thing depending on what sounds you are looking (well, listening) for. No preset switching on this one though.

As for dirt, I second the mentioned recommendation of the Nova Drive. I got mine a few days ago and it sounds much better than I expected. You will also be able to tweak it for lots of different sounds as it has both overdrive (kind of Tubescreamer'ish) and distortion (kind of RAT'ish but with much more low end). You can run the two simultaneously and choose the order with the click of a button (od->dist, dist->od or parallell). It is analog but digitally controlled and has presets on it too.

If somewhereovertherainbow is near arizonamaybe? I have a Jeckle & Hyde you can play around with it. :guitar: (Not a recommendation for it necessarily. Ends up I don't really get on much with distortion pedals
The Eventide does the dual thing (I think

The T-Rex Spindoctor is a tube overdrive with 4 channels. Mine is for sale as it doesn't fit on my board, sounds killer, but I'm guessing you're far away from here.

I had a SD twin tube. I thought it sounded pretty good, but sold it because I wasn't getting much use out of it.

If somewhereovertherainbow is near arizonamaybe? I have a Jeckle & Hyde you can play around with it. :guitar: (Not a recommendation for it necessarily. Ends up I don't really get on much with distortion pedals
The Eventide does the dual thing (I think

you are only about 2200 miles away

looked them all up, have to get to a music store to try them out, nearest one to me is quite aways away. Thanx for all the suggestions so far.

I have used two Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drives with great results from every amp I have tried them with.( And that is a long list) The pedal will function as a straight clean boost, straight OD, or you can dial in the amount of clean that passes unaffected, and blend in OD to taste. I have owned the mod version as well, but find the original to be more versatile. Also worth noting that Voodoo Lab has a 5 year warranty.
One thing that was not mentioned in the earlier comments about the Strymon Timeline, is that you don't have to use the pedal itself to switch through presets. You can build 200 presets with it, so trying to recall different ones live can get confusing. With midi in/out you can use any midi foot controller to instantly recall presets. You can also use an expression pedal to control the parameters of your choosing within each preset. They may seem expensive to some, but when you consider the amount of control you have over it, and that it is an awesome sounding unit, the price is a bargain.
Another overdrive that does the dual thing, and sounds fantastic is the Xotic AC+. Very tweakable and works well with many different amp models.

[...] Strymon Timeline [...] when you consider the amount of control you have over it, and that it is an awesome sounding unit, the price is a bargain.

Totally. It was a definite end-all pedal for me and I reckon it will hold up for years even for my twisted needs lol. Even sold my looping station because of it.

I have used two Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drives with great results from every amp I have tried them with.( And that is a long list) The pedal will function as a straight clean boost, straight OD, or you can dial in the amount of clean that passes unaffected, and blend in OD to taste. I have owned the mod version as well, but find the original to be more versatile. Also worth noting that Voodoo Lab has a 5 year warranty.
One thing that was not mentioned in the earlier comments about the Strymon Timeline, is that you don't have to use the pedal itself to switch through presets. You can build 200 presets with it, so trying to recall different ones live can get confusing. With midi in/out you can use any midi foot controller to instantly recall presets. You can also use an expression pedal to control the parameters of your choosing within each preset. They may seem expensive to some, but when you consider the amount of control you have over it, and that it is an awesome sounding unit, the price is a bargain.
Another overdrive that does the dual thing, and sounds fantastic is the Xotic AC+. Very tweakable and works well with many different amp models.

I want a pedal that has two switches so I can go between the two different settings, this doesn't look like it will do that?

I want a pedal that has two switches so I can go between the two different settings, this doesn't look like it will do that?
As far as the sparkle drive, that is why I use two of them. As for the Strymon Timeline, yes, it will do that, and tap tempo. It can be as simple,or complex as the user needs it to be.The pedal alone will do all that you require(and a lot more). I bought mine direct from Strymon. There may be a few shops that carry them, but when I got mine that wasn't the case.I wouldn't sweat buying without trying in the case of this pedal.It is hands down the best sounding and most versatile delay Ive ever used. If you play, then it does stuff you will dig, without taking a shit on your amp tone. The only negative comments I've ever read about the pedal had to do with price, and those were from people that didn't own the pedal and had not tried it.
The manual is available for download on the Strymon site if you want to check out some of the features.

thinking of buying the strymon, have to save up some money and get rid of some stuff I never use. Saw a used one at guitar centers site for 249.00

Back