pay it forward to people in need..

This is a fantastic thread!

I've put in my "bid" for that AKG Perception, as I'm in pretty mighty need of an LDC at the moment. Here are some things I have to offer if anyone's interested - not all necessarily "Studio-Related," but good stuff nonetheless that may can find some use by someone here. I'll put up exact model numbers of these items when I get home from work today. Shipping details added for your convenience so you can make some estimations on how I can ship it to you and what it will cost you from zip code 27235. Most of these shipping rates aren't going to be cheap. For instance, for me to ship 2/3 the way across the country, the turn table is estimated to cost around $45-ish by cheapest route. So keep all that in mind when you PM me:

Yamaha P-31 record player/turn table (Currently Spoken For) - Literally new, even still in a box, bought it clearanced years ago and never even used it. Shipping Details: 20x20x8 box, weight about 12 lbs.

Yamaha GQ1031C 2-channel Equalizer - Same as above, bought in same set, I did use it as a rack-equalizer unit for awhile, but now I do all of that in my DAW. Shipping Details: 24x12x6 box, weight about 10 lbs.

Sansui RA-500 Reverb Unit - Used, but still working find. Once again, I used it as a reverb filter at one time, now it's just sitting my closet, staring at me sadly and asking when it can be useful again. Shipping Details: 18x16x10 box, weight about 22 lbs.

AGK D190E Dynamic Mic - Nice, silver, works fine, I used to use it as one of my drum mics, but I have a set of SM57's now, and this one has been sitting in my mic box. Shipping Details: 8x6x6 box, weight about 5 lbs.

Once again, specific model numbers to come once I get home, and maybe another item if I can bear myself to part with it.

Last edited:
I was reading this thread and found a lot of good people who aren't around much anymore...anyways, I'm gonna try and merge the new Pay it Forward to this one..never merged threads so look out!:eek:

I have an Ampeg SVT II Pro in a flight case that I don't use. I loaned it out for 6 months to a friend. When he returned it he said it was cutting out intermittantly. I've had a few of these heads, and it seems like this happened before and it was a loose solder joint.

Shipping would be deadly. It's a monster. A So Cal pickup would rule!

It's like this, but in a flight case-

gave this head away and never heard from jamal again. i would HIGHLY discourage any of the internet feel good bullshit.

gave this head away and never heard from jamal again. i would HIGHLY discourage any of the internet feel good bullshit.

OK then don't do it. I can understand you being generous enough to give something away, but to not even be thanked is rather rude. I am not doing this to feel better, I'm doing it because someone might be down on their luck and need just the thing I no longer need.

OK then don't do it. I can understand you being generous enough to give something away, but to not even be thanked is rather rude. I am not doing this to feel better, I'm doing it because someone might be down on their luck and need just the thing I no longer need.

feeling better has nothing to do with this. no big deal. the guy that got the head is now a friend. it's all good, it's just when says "if you do this, i will do this", i think they should keep their word.

Ok...concerning the AKG perception 100...

The first responder is suppose to reply bak...he hasn't yet.

If he/she doesnt respond in 24hrs...I will move on to the next person.

So if I havent responded to your PMs...this is why.

**The only time I log on is night time in eastern time**

So the guy didn't even thank you?? That's some bullshit. Well accept my thank you in his behalf.....I do think this is a cool thread and I have an old Tama Rockstar Pro in Black 12" and a Sabian b8 Pro ride I can part with....

where are you located?

So the guy didn't even thank you??

NO! That's not the case at all! Jamal said he had a gretsch that he NEVER played that he'd send to whoever sent something of equal or greater value down the line. i gave my svtII to digitalsmigtal who totly thanked me. I just never heard from Jamal again.

I AM NOT UPSET ABOUT THE SVT GOING TO DS!!! dude kicks ass.

Mailed the Lexicon out today but couldn't find the correct AC adapter for it.
The unit requires a 9Volt 1500Ma AC Adapter.
If any of you have that particular model tangled up in a drawer somewhere, let me know, please.

Ok...concerning the AKG perception 100...

The first responder is suppose to reply bak...he hasn't yet.

If he/she doesnt respond in 24hrs...I will move on to the next person.

So if I havent responded to your PMs...this is why.

**The only time I log on is night time in eastern time**
Yes, I was wondering. Thanks for the update.

I could really use some kind of decent preamps really only need about 4 quiet channels to record me and the wife right now... Not gonna give my sob story just gonna say corporate layoff...

I am willing to send out some hand soldered piezo pickups that can be used a number of ways, including as drum triggers

Back