pay it forward to people in need..

TnC ACM-900 owners...

I have a few NOS (new, old stock) 6AK5 tubes that I picked up from a radio repair shop when we got our group buy mics - they fit the TnC ACM-900 (tube ribbon). Most are GE. I picked out the ones I like best and I don't have a use for the others. Actually, I do have a use:

I bought extras specifically so that I could send them for free to other ACM-900 owners

but strangely, I've only been able to give one away so far. I'm not aware of any other mics that they would fit, but there may be others. My preference will be for ACM-900 owners (since it was my goal to improve the cool-ful-ness of these mics as a group, however slightly), but at this point, I'll consider others, if you're sure I won't be sending one of the little guys into useless-land. Remember, they might be older than both of us put together, and they've been waiting for action on a shelf that whole time!

One of these tubes may improve the sound of your ACM-900 (or maybe not!) - they're *free*, shipping included. Just PM me with a mailing address.

Some of them have a little hiss, but *all* of them have less hiss than the tube that came stock in my ACM-900. I don't have the golden ear, or maybe it's that I don't have the golden audio source, to characterize/verify an improvement to the sound, but I can say, um, yes, they made my mic sound better.

High Fi - VE's

hey guys,
i have an old box of high fives to give away. they were intended for other 'people', but they left me hanging and i dont want these good things to go to waist, they are collecting dust as it is, please dont be greedy, one per person.

peace!

btw i need a motherboard and chip, mine died and my other ones too slow. I'm hoping for a dual core, but anything with pci slots and enough megahertz to run reaper for a while wood me sweet, thanks peoples.

oh yea, I'm in Canada. that probably matter eh?

If there still around I could indirectly put them to good use. My son's band trailer was stolen while fully loaded for a road trip. Unfortunately he didn't have insurance to cover what they lost. You can reach me at Gr8tech@gmail.com

To C-SLIKK
If you still have this I could indirectly put it to use. My son's band trailer was stolen while fully loaded and he didn't have insurance to cover the loss. I can be reached at Gr8Tech@gmail.com

From what I've heard once you buy one pair of monitor speakers, you never buy another, but here's to wishful thinking.
Thats not true! If I had the money I would be buying lots of monitor speakers :D

I'm looking for a preamp for some kids looking to get into recording around here. I have donated some stuff to them but they need a preamp to start working. If anyone has one it would be great.

oh yea, I'm in Canada. that probably matter eh?

Maybe not- if sender declares something a gift, duty fees are reduced or eliminated. I know this from a Canadian buying a Westone bass from me via fleaBay, and he wanted me to call it a gift. Nope, wouldn't do it. He knew about duty fees before he bid, and I am NOT going to answer a bunch of Customs' questions just to save HIS cheap ass a few bucks.

i paid duties on items marked gifts..its a crapshoot with ordinary post, and UPS etc charge handling fees which can amount the about the same thing :o

What reason did he give for asking you to delete your post?

u2bonoman said that the maker of the 5fish pre was a little taken back that he was going to trade the unit and asked him to delete the post as I had responded with a quote and u2bonoman asked me to do the same and being the nice guy that I am I did.
Then shortly after he contacted me with the news that he was given the blessings to trade it.
I figured that he has been a member here from 2003 that he was reputable.

Now I've been a little sour about gear purchasing or trading here, even though I've purchased thousands of dollars of gear from members at HR all with sterling results.

I've got a deal pending now with the purchase of a RNLA and I feel so weird about asking all sorts of questions and second guessing myself ... but I guess that is what you should really do.
Heck I've had guys who don't know me from Adam sending me some big dollar units and microphones to try out to see if I like them, then purchases them ..... that's the way trust here at HR should be. Not having to be scared of being ripped off!

I ask all kinds of questions before I buy something. I would expect them to do the same if I was selling something.

Regardless of a member's join date or post count, I would be wary of someone who hasn't posted in a long time suddenly showing up and trying to sell something. That's about the same as someone registering and trying to sell something in their first post.

I ask all kinds of questions before I buy something. I would expect them to do the same if I was selling something.

Regardless of a member's join date or post count, I would be wary of someone who hasn't posted in a long time suddenly showing up and trying to sell something. That's about the same as someone registering and trying to sell something in their first post.

It's true. I had to give Diggy my SSN, street address, credit score, VIN, waist size, and my mother's maiden name before he would buy something from me. :D

Ive got rid of most of the bits n pieces lying about but I still have a Behringer Tube ultragain Mic 100 if someone in need/starting out wants it...

BEHRINGER: MIC100

its a little noisy for vocals but great for bass and guitar...

just donate the P&P amount to the ASPCA, if you want??

ASPCA | Donate

Still got this? Also, (forgive the noobiness) what is P&P. Parcel and postage? Anwyays, I donate to ASPCA all the time and will be glad to give a little more. My fiance' is a dog freak. We have 5! :eek: :eek:

yeah parcel and postage...I think it would fit in one of those USPS flat rate boxes...not sure how much they are

Two little Behringer mixers up for grabs. One UB802 and one UB1202 with U.S. power supplies. I'm switching to vintage TEAC/Tascam mixers. You pay the postage. (Don't bother if outside the U.S. The power supplies alone cost $25, if you can find them.)

Back