Panels

JustaBassist

If I made acoustic panels then put them up for sale would anyone be interested and buy them?

Ill get a link so you can see them.

Ok here they are...these are the panels I have made and will make more of them.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=17087
<br>
https://homerecording.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=17089

The first panel you see are the ceiling ones...I used and sandy bone color fabric on the ceiling ones, they are about 3 inches deep with a 2 703 panel, when I get some more OC 703 Im thinking Ill get a dozen of 1" panels along with a dozen of 2" ones. Any way, I can custom make some if anyone is interested

Then the second picture is of the wall panels and bass traps, I used really dark maroon color fabric on those. The wall panels are just made of 1x4's with 2" thick 703 and the bass traps are 5 inches deep with 2 inch 703 panels stacked.

So if anyone is interested in these let me know.

HELLS YEAH I WOULD!!! I was actually gonna ask here sometime if someone would make some for me, but just never did for some reason... How much would you charge for one 4" panel, without the wood frame? that is, just 4" of 703 or mineral wool wrapped in fabric?

Well for the ceiling panels with the mounting hardware $38 and wall panels Im asking $35 and for the bass traps $45.

Well I could figure out a design it may be a bit more than the asking price.

when you guys buy some of these things...let the rest of us know what you think about them...I need to invest in a little room treatment in the near future.

For everyone thats interested im trying to get some time to figure out what the shipping charges will be, so hopefully soon.
So if anyone has any requests, except the color of the fabric, I will surely do my best to make them that way.

Speaking of stands. Just make the classic ABS or PVC pipe with toilet flange stand, and attach the panels to them. Also, cheap art store easels work! Even if you are no good at building anything, these stands are still easy to make!

Simon

He's offering a great service but these things aren't hard to build. I'm sure he can attest to that fact. The hard part would just be finding the rigid fiberglass. A lot of places that speacialize in insulation would be able to order it. I have one locally that will. Hell, even Lowe's offered to order it for me.

If shipping ends up being pricey, I have made several panels and would be willing to make more for local pickup (27713 zip code). I'm not trying to steal your thunder JustaBassist, just trying to help fellow HR'ers.

Sorry guys for not posting anything for quite awhile...I was just in a car crash a few weeks ago but mostly recovered now.

For TravisinFlorida yes, I will still be making panels if people are seriously interested in buying them. I just picked up more boxes and bubble wrap to start shipping these out to whom ever.

I just thought this may have been a fun side thing to make a bit of money put in the studio fund, but now possibly into the new car fund.

Back