opinnions on a Line 6 spider IV?

thanks for the info MJ!!!..my pickups are`nt active, but i will certainly keep that in mind should i or someone i know plug in a guitar with um!...
and cool man, sounds like your all setup to play some good stuff!

myx..you talking about the gain?
I ran mine damn near at max plenty last saterday night, and have never had a single hicup..it rocked!

this may seam far fetched and may not apply to your situation at all..but...my old TOA powered mixer, used to go haywire only when plugged into a funky outlet..i found that out the first time the hard way, when i decided to help out a friends band, and let them use it for their PA in a small bar..it literally would not work..it just fuzed, yet..my friends amp, plugged into the EXACT same outlet worked fine...(we plugged in my TOA, notta, pulled the plug, plugged in his amp, no problems..aparently my TOA was much more sensitive to whatever the hell the deal was with that outlet)...at first i thought it bit the dust, but nope, got it home, plugged it in, and it worked fine..still does till this day (ten years later)...infact, it`s what were using right now for our band practice.
anyway, did you try different outlets? if not, perhaps the outlet you were usng was lacking the ground and/or the line/hot - return/nutruel were incorrectly wired into the outlet?

I dont know, just throwing out some thoughts on it, as I`ve never heard of that happenning before, and like I mentioned pages ago, i searched the internet BIG TIME before purchasing mine...I read ALOT of things, some good, some bad, but never seen anyone talking about that perticular issue..

the only issue I`ve heard about and have already experienced my self, is when using a real cheap/worn out cord...but that usually causes issue`s with any/all amps..I broke out an old cord a few days ago cause I left my good one at our building, and it seamed to cause some kind of phasing in and out..was thinking my amp already went south, till I went and fetched my good cord..problem solved..I think these amps, may just be more sensitive to any odditys, then some others..

either way, so far for me, a good outlet and a good cord, and I`m having absolutly no problems at all..

sorry to hear about your bad experience..

Last edited:
Back