Online Instrument Recording Service?

xxl

remember the future
i was wondering (as i was sure there had to be such a service) if there were musicians who offered recording services online. as i thought i did find a few like these:

http://drumsforyou.com/
http://www.jkonlineproductions.co.uk/

drumsforyou will record it in less than 48 hours and send it to you. however, due to me being new to this kind of market i was wondering if someone who knows about this would advise me or recommend me a specific one. i'm looking at the second one due to the fact they record guitars and that's what i'm looking for. BUT i don't know if they're legit or not...

i came across this one which sounds great 49 dollars a track:

http://www.studio-aid.com/

if someone could post some feedback or recommend one that you've used i'd appreciate it. i would pay up to $100 a track (just for the guitar cause that
s the only thing i need) as long as it's a service where i'll SURELY get quality work.

any kind of help would be appreciated. :)

Or....
You could just post a collaboration online. ;)

I've done a couple of colabs that went pretty well. Bass for a dude in Venezuela, I think and guitar for a dude in Chicago.

Just figurin that since you said you're new to this sorta thing, colabs are free and everybody either learns something from it or gets some satisfaction from it.

Just a thought dOOd. :D

Or....
You could just post a collaboration online. ;)

I've done a couple of colabs that went pretty well. Bass for a dude in Venezuela, I think and guitar for a dude in Chicago.

Just figurin that since you said you're new to this sorta thing, colabs are free and everybody either learns something from it or gets some satisfaction from it.

Just a thought dOOd. :D

would you be willing to collaborate with me?

Sure.

What style of guitar (I'm assuming ya want guitar) are you lookin for? If ya want, you can pm me with details but I want to let ya know up front that I probably won't be fast.

I don't use a computer for my tunage so I download the tune from you and burn it to CD, then burn the CD into my DAW, do my stuff to it, burn another CD and email that.

So it will take me a bit longer than most folks who use a computer.

Give it some thought and lemme know.

Peace
Kel

poetic, great site you got there. appreciate it. however, i'm looking for guitar tracks.

mountain thanks for your help as well. my main concern is not getting my instrumentals stolen because i've spent nearly a month on each, literally (4-5 hours a day.. 5 days a week.. not even exaggerating) - making the instrumentals sounds exactly like i wanted to and constantly re-composing parts until they felt right.

maybe i should record vocals over the instrumentals and bounce them like that? as opposed to the naked instrumental that anyone could steal.

i found this site, what do you guys think about it?:

http://www.studioguitartracks.com/

it looks legit and i've done some research on the place and seems trustworthy. i called because i'd rather have more of a personal treatment/communication to get a feeling for the service and the company. however, they didn't answer the phone so i guess i'll try again later.

i checked out oddgrooves but they don't have any guitar samples (not any that i could find).

I'm not so sure getting songs stolen is really much of a risk. It really wouldn't be much of a lucrative business. There are plenty of things out there to steal that can make people money, and I don't think raw recordings is one of them. If anybody is out there to steel music, it's some high school kid that thought he had a good idea, would show it to his friends, and that's probably the end of it. I think your biggest risk would be getting a crappy track back.

Now I guess if you did write a hit song and some high school kid had his hands on the raw tracks, I could see him trying to make money off it, but again, I think it's such a low risk venture that there's no reason to worry about it.

Back