Oktava MK012 Help

mobodcubism

Hey guys, I hope I am posting this in the correct forum section (this could possibly be considered a newbie thread).. Recently I bought myself 2 Octava MK012 microphones. They have been great so far, especially considering the price which I payed for them. However, Recently i've thought of doing some field recording but have ran into a few problems.

The Oktavas seem to be on the rarer side of microphones, especially when it comes to accessories and different parts which might be needed and don't come with the microphones themselves when purchased.

My goal is to be able to go into the city in a stereo set up, using a Tascam DR 100 MKII (Tascam DR 100 MKII), and record some sounds. My questions are:

- How would I mount my Octavas in a stereo set up?
- How do I know they will fit and attach to any parts I buy?
- Are there any wind protectors that fit onto the Octavas?

Here are a few items I have looked at but i'm slightly worried as they are not manufactured by Octava and therefore don't know if they will work and fit exactly as I need them to:

K&M 2109 Mikrofonständer Galgen schwarz

K&M 23550 Stereoschiene XY Mikrofonie

Rode SM 2 Spinne

Any answer is greatly appreciated! Thanks for the help guys :)

That Rode SM2 shock mount looks like it's for an LDC, not an SDC mic---so, unsuited for the MK012. Do an eBay or Amazon search for SDC shock mounts. MusiciansFriend has inexpensive stereo X-Y bars (MusiciansGear).

Outside of that, pretty much anything that specifies SDC or "pencil condenser" or a competing mic (MXL 603/604/991/993; SP-C4; Behringer B-5, GXL-1200, etc., etc.) will work just fine.

Paj
8^)

Back