ok lemme have, it rate my gear

KCandies

Here it goes this is what I plan on getting for my home project studio. Now to start off with I have a Hewlitt Packard Laptop. yeah yeah I know go with a PC. Well I don't have one. Any how I'm running XP as I assume everyone is and I have Cubase SX 1.05, Sonic Foundry 7.0 ( I think). So now for what I think I'm going to get.

M-audio Mobile Pre USB
Marshall mxl 90 condenser mic
ol faithful herself a 57

Now for monitors I've narrowed it down to the following but any advice would be great( yeah i know it all depends on my ears but still it never hurts to hear from the pros.....pros being you guys)

Tannoy Proto J Plus Studio Monitor Pair
Behringer B2031 Truth Monitors
Roland DS-50A Powered Monitor with Digital Inputs

and of course Lo z cables and stands and 1 or 2 pop filters and such.

Also I'm into guitar restoration anyone know of any forums like this one for that topic.

Alright guys and gals lemme have it.

Ps. keep in mind i'm only recording myself and my guitar just capture my songs

Pps. Be gentle please :)

Everything looks good............. In the monitors, the Roland has a small woofer and certainly needs a subwoofer, the Behringer is pretty good enough in that 3 choices.

rate my gear

Hey man i would go with the truth monitors... but if you can get a deal like me...i got a pair of event 20/20 used...look for the used stuff man

go listen to them but the trick with the digital thing is that it's a gimmick and you're paying extra. behringers i guess.

also - think about an audiophile USB sound card. they're pretty good and it might save you getting a pc.

hi,

give the fostex powered monitors a listen if you can. I have a pair of fostex pm .o5's which have 40/30 watt dual power amps in each one and I think for just under $300 US per pair that they are very nice.

baba

ChristopherDawn said:
I don't know what price point those monitors are at, but Yorkvilles are always highly praised.

I just picked up a display pair of the Passive YSM-1s for $150...but it was thier last pair...i think the actives are taking over

Back