Now that's what a rock band's supposed to look like

___________________________________________________________________________________________________a.jpg

iu
iu
iu

It takes all kinds!

I used to have all of The Monkees' albums. Listened to them every day. The greatest rock band ever ;)

And these guys - The Roberts Brothers Rhythmaires (my grandfather and his brothers' Texas swing band). Not a rock band - but these kats were a big deal around here back in the 40's. I contend that there is a direct or indirect connection between Texas swing music and what would become "rock". These guys loved to jam.:thumbs up:

Roberts Brothers Rhythmaires.jpeg

Rhythmaires.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________View attachment 131337
Were you pointing at the 4th or 5th guy?
If it was the 4th, well spotted. If it was the 5th, nice try !
If it was a secret symbol celebrating America's independence from Britain, these Irish guys are right with you !!
They were named after the guitarist's grandma's favourite record !
The Monkees' albums.....The greatest rock band ever
Up until Mike Nesmith left, for 4 years, they knocked out some of the consistently best and most inventive music of the decade. Interesting history, generally diverse and excellent.

Were you pointing at the 4th or 5th guy?
If it was the 4th, well spotted. If it was the 5th, nice try !
If it was a secret symbol celebrating America's independence from Britain, these Irish guys are right with you !!

. . .
Oh, this bloomin' text editor and browser thing again!

Here's what I'm seeing :

1.jpg

I think Horslips was non-existent in the US. If I hadn't seen their album at the college radio station, I would probably never have known they existed.

I think Horslips was non-existent in the US. If I hadn't seen their album at the college radio station, I would probably never have known they existed.
One of the greatest bands ever, in my opinion.
Interestingly, in an attempt to make it there, they moved to the USA for a few years, I think in 1976. But all their great work was done by then.

Back