Not really a question but...

goldfish

Thought i should just kinda introduce myself.. :)

Although my age may surprise you, dont try to talk down to be, because it doesnt help anyone :) and plus its more than likley I'll know what youre talking about anyway.

I've been recording a couple of bands for about a year and a half, each session better than the last :) , and ive also been "remastering" countless amaturish mp3 tracks people send me. Good practice, i spose, but dull. Wonders what you can do with a little eq compression and reverb ;)
I also play keyboards and clarinet, grade 5 both, so im not a completley technically minded engineer!

I've also done sound for a couple of gigs, which is great fun, but as we have very limited resources the fun is restricted by the gear... unfortunatley.

Anyway... i expect now ive found this forum you'll be hearing a lot from me :p

Hey. Welcome. I'm the same age as you so don't worry :D What equipment have you been using to record?

douh....never mind lol
hey a 15 year old that knows much is waaay better than a 35 year old dude who just wants to show off his knowlodge
by the way...im 16 :D

Ah, kewl! :)

My step dad is a sound engineer for a large company that does west end shows, and i kinda got into it that way, and its ADDICTIVE! umm, gear... mmm, most of its just organised crap, but ill have a go:
Studer 10 channel (mono) 3 channel (High Level , probably stereo?) 4 Stereo ins. 4 subgroups, 2 onboard compression modules, 2 auxes and a meter bridge and a TB Studio box with monitor selector and headphone out.

Revox 6 channel mixer with 1 aux and 2 band EQ on each channel (woo)

PC, AMD Athlon XP 2000+... 256MB ram yada yada XP Home... SBLive! card (yeah, i know this is a bit crap but its all i can get my hands on)

Denon "Precision Audio" Tape deck..

Yamha SPX-90 (keyboard effects and/or guitar effects...)

a Yamaha A100 power amp for monitoring, some okay Kenwood speakers

And my keyboard is a PSR-1000... all i could afford at the time!

Back