Not much room

Bulls Hit

A good friend of mine is a luthier and he built me a guitar, very stripped down minimilast design. It's very responsive, a lot of fun to play. This is the first jam with it.
Unlike my last post, I didn't go overboard with the room mic this time. Is the mix balanced or is stuff poking out?

Attachments

• weta2.jpg
    weta2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Overall things are quite well balanced. And the tone on everything is cool.

There is a spot at 1:14 where some clear guitar note pops out. It's got a lot of 2400hz (or about) energy. It lasts a couple of seconds and goes away. I'd do something about that.

But to me that was it.

Nice guitar! Looks a bit like a Firebird, love the finish. Cool jam, always dig your drum sound, guitar sounds great, I like the lurchy swing you have going . Some little slide bits at the end?

Overall things are quite well balanced. And the tone on everything is cool.

There is a spot at 1:14 where some clear guitar note pops out. It's got a lot of 2400hz (or about) energy. It lasts a couple of seconds and goes away. I'd do something about that.

But to me that was it.
Hey Trip, thanks. Yeah I've pulled that part back, although it still cuts through in a piercing kind of way

Nice guitar! Looks a bit like a Firebird, love the finish. Cool jam, always dig your drum sound, guitar sounds great, I like the lurchy swing you have going . Some little slide bits at the end?
Yep it's based on a firebird without the central slab. It sounds great in the room. Now I just need to learn how to play it!
No slide on this one, that's the Harmonizer pedal doing the hard work

A good friend of mine is a luthier and he built me a guitar, very stripped down minimilast design. It's very responsive, a lot of fun to play. This is the first jam with it.
Unlike my last post, I didn't go overboard with the room mic this time. Is the mix balanced or is stuff poking out?
Sounds great. The mix works. Like the guitar sound, like the drum sound, like the way the whole thing moves. Sounds like you were having fun. The fill at 1.30 sort of falls apart a bit, but it doesn't hurt it.

Sounds great. The mix works. Like the guitar sound, like the drum sound, like the way the whole thing moves. Sounds like you were having fun. The fill at 1.30 sort of falls apart a bit, but it doesn't hurt it.
Yes that fill, thought I might get away it :D Funny, it sounds 'normal' to me now. Cheers dobro

It's good - but doesn't go anywhere - I think because the drums are the same throughout.

Back