Breaking the Silence

Bulls Hit

My buddy Scott took a jam I did recently and twisted it up, added some vocals and completely changed the thing, took it to a different place. Real pleased with how it turned out.

How does the mix sit, balance and levels OK?

Very cool, to my ears, vocals are very Bowie ala Scary Monsters era....mix sounds good, your music always very interesting and engaging to me, sounds great on headphones! If II where to offer anything , maybe kick the low end thump up just a tweek on the kick. But seems like it's pretty close.....great song!!!!

Might be my speakers (Creative computer speakers), but the mix was somewhat bright. I wouldn't change based on my ears/speakers, but something to revisit. If I were to guess in the upper region 3K-5K maybe? Otherwise, sounded like a solid mix.

I've clicked here a couple times now... won't play on my Windows computer for some reason...

Sounds live. Sounds like the whole mix is mid-scooped? Lots of low end and too much sizzle on the high end - hollowed out in the mid-range.

Cool song.

Other opinions?

Very cool, to my ears, vocals are very Bowie ala Scary Monsters era....mix sounds good, your music always very interesting and engaging to me, sounds great on headphones! If II where to offer anything , maybe kick the low end thump up just a tweek on the kick. But seems like it's pretty close.....great song!!!!
Yeah Scott won a karaoke competition once singing Bowie's Heroes, so that's a fair call. (The prize was dinner with Pink!)
Will take a look at that kick. Thanks strat

Might be my speakers (Creative computer speakers), but the mix was somewhat bright. I wouldn't change based on my ears/speakers, but something to revisit. If I were to guess in the upper region 3K-5K maybe? Otherwise, sounded like a solid mix.

Thanks DM. Yes I think you're right, there's a bit of extra sizzle in that sausage. Will have another look

Sounds live. Sounds like the whole mix is mid-scooped? Lots of low end and too much sizzle on the high end - hollowed out in the mid-range.

Cool song.

Other opinions?
Yeah Scott used the T-Racks mastering tools on the 2 bus and it does seem to have pushed the top up a bit too much. Thanks for the spin & feedback

Back