nice ballad..... with FUZZ! "Spring Morning"

GONZO-X

Spring Morning: this is a song I wrote 20 years ago, but never actually recorded properly. It is supposed to capture the feeling of the first true spring morning after a long cold winter, where you stand outside in the early morning light, looking towards the sunrise, and realize it’s not quite as cold anymore. It’s a nice feeling.

from the new bats brew album "Elemental"

Happy spring GX - sounds great man. You got it.
thanks so much for listening, manslick!

this album, using the strymon iridium for all the bass and guitar tracks,
has been a very worthy experiment.
i'm sure i'll keep the Iridium, and keep looking for pedalboard combos and new speaker cabs to try,
its fun tracking with it.

Pretty sure a lot of the nice tones you are getting have to do with how well you play as much as the Iridium's capabilities.
Excellent track. Love the wah bit in the middle. I love when someone uses wah expressively and not just rock it back and forth with the beat.
There's a whole lot going on in there, and yet every part is distinct and separate. Lovely mix!

Pretty sure a lot of the nice tones you are getting have to do with how well you play as much as the Iridium's capabilities.
Excellent track. Love the wah bit in the middle. I love when someone uses wah expressively and not just rock it back and forth with the beat.
There's a whole lot going on in there, and yet every part is distinct and separate. Lovely mix!
wow, thanks broken..
yea, i like the wah a lot, but don't want to over use it.
beck and hendrix were my wah teachers, and later, schenker and vai.

the mix was tough.
it took me no time at all to track this, maybe two days,
but the mixing..... ei yei yei
:)

You always put such great acoustic guitar parts in these instrumentals. Enjoyed it .. mark
hey mark!
thanks for the listen... glad you enjoyed it, that's the whole point! i want people to cruizzze with the vibe...
yea, i love acoustic on top of electric, i do a lot of that,
i think it's the zep influence.

Reactions: Ula
It's truly amazing how many amazing guitarists are out there these days and you're definitely one of them. Fantastic work. And not just on the playing. The arrangement and recording are first class. Can you tell me about the drums? As someone who has never played drums I find that's the hardest part. I'm new to the recording thing and the drum patterns on my zoom R8 are good for jamming to but man it's hard to add them to my own stuff!
If be over the moon if this was my output. You should be too!

It's truly amazing how many amazing guitarists are out there these days and you're definitely one of them. Fantastic work. And not just on the playing. The arrangement and recording are first class. Can you tell me about the drums? As someone who has never played drums I find that's the hardest part. I'm new to the recording thing and the drum patterns on my zoom R8 are good for jamming to but man it's hard to add them to my own stuff!
If be over the moon if this was my output. You should be too!
wow Ula, thanks.
drums are superior drummer 3.
it's really fun to edit their loops, and that part is fairly typical and mundane, but the SOUNDS are quite nice.
i don't play drums, but in my head, i'm the best drummer in the world!! LOL, just kiddn', sorta,
what i mean is, i hear multiple rhythms (polyrhythms) in almost everything, and it's easy for me to find groove, syncopation, and steady beats, so the software is designed to help people that can hear that way, do it easy.

the toontrack ezdrummer would be what i would suggest for you, if you were working on a modern DAW.
there comes a time, where if you are serious about recording, you just step up.

anyway, thanks so much for listening, glad you dig it.

Back