New setup & "An Intergalactic Love Song, Baby!"

SnakeDog5050

2 headed snake witha rake
Hi guys, I'd much appreciate any feedback on this... both the recording and song. It's the first song with my new mixer so I'm curious how everything sounds so far. :)

I might cut this up a bit since there's so much going on, do any sections stick out as good/bad to you? Like I don't know how silly that is yet to be singing a guitar part for a chorus :D

An Intergalactic Love Story, Baby!

Oh yeah! If you want to sing along!

Oh yeah! If you want to sing along!

“An Intergalactic Love Song, Baby!”

Some memories never fade…

Life’s clock tick tick ticks away, in our minds’ lost dreamscape
The memories that try to follow our life to the end, with stories from life’s unknown
Pictures of the creature’s of my past and mystical sunsets in space

I’m lost in a sea
Of memories
Whatever it takes
I’m going to find you again, babe!

SINGING GUITAR CHORUS

like doubt mattered anyway, it was a freedom from our lost desire
Dancing in the winds of forgotten reality, you waited for me, I found you
Now my insanity is suddenly lost in the beats of our raging hearts
Lets go, run away until the end of our minds’ faraway land
exotic dreamscapes and an alien sunset in seemingly endless space
and here we go again
baby!

SINGING GUITAR CHORUS

Lost in a sea
Of insanity
A memory
Of aliens and......
It’s Tale from a faraway land
Desire to seek the stars
Found by the scars of asking why?
Why we’re here and where’s The End?

INSTUMENTAL 1 (u may recognize this part from my earlier songs ;) )

It’s a tale from a faraway land
A desire to see the unknown

But living in time’s machine
We can only march to the end

INSTRUMENTAL 2

Making our life’s pictures
paintings of our future
traveling through lifes' stories!

Terrifying purple birds swimming in the sky
Chasing me through dead plants
Nightmare’s in my dreams, I can’t get away from the end
But it’s a tale from a faraway land
Forever a desire to know the unknown

Together
Lets do this baby!

SINGING GUITAR CHORUS REPEATED

Freedom from lost desire
The pictures of the creatures making our life
Seeking the stars
Winds of a forgotten reality
Stories from life’s unknown
Traveling to The End
Together

OUTRO
As life’s clock tick tick ticks away, some memories never fade…
As life’s clock tick tick ticks away, some memori
es never fade…

Hey Reptile-Canine-Dude...The link be all broke and shit. Word to yo mama.

Hey SnakeDog - this is an very cool tune. You are a master of taking many tracks and weaving them into a rich soundscape for the listener.

Great songwriting and arranging on this one. The instrumental chorus is extremely catchy and original. That is a great hook that I am still hearing in my head as I type this (see - catchy!).

I like the guitar leads and the way they are coming in and out of the mix.

Lots of cool sounds to enjoy in this one! I also like the tone of the mix - bright and airy, open and clean.

So tell us all about your new mixer - what kind and how is it hooked up?

:D :) :D :)

RAMI said:
Hey Reptile-Canine-Dude...The link be all broke and shit. Word to yo mama.
Yeah the PLAY option on the streamer didn't work in when it opened in WMP but if you download it it plays ok. I just went to your Soundclick page and found it.

ido1957 said:
Hey SnakeDog - this is an very cool tune. You are a master of taking many tracks and weaving them into a rich soundscape for the listener.

Great songwriting and arranging on this one. The instrumental chorus is extremely catchy and original. That is a great hook that I am still hearing in my head as I type this (see - catchy!).

I like the guitar leads and the way they are coming in and out of the mix.

Lots of cool sounds to enjoy in this one! I also like the tone of the mix - bright and airy, open and clean.

Hey thanks a lot ido, glad you enjoyed it! Yeah personally I dig the chorus enough that I ended up singing along with it in mic, hence the "singing guitar chorus" I'm curious on the feedback because I might do a shorter less prog version of this, like a single version with chorus as the star :)

Glad you like the "soundscapes" too, there's a lot of tracks going on later in this song so I wasn't sure if it sounded like a soundscape or too cluttered.

Well I have everything I own hooked up now to a Peavey PV8 Mixer that goes into an EMU-sound card. It's actually a big step up for me. I used to switch around instruments with a Behringer MIC100, so having everything hooked up, EQed and ready to go gives me a lot of musical freedom to just jam away and not worry about constantly switching settings and so on. I'm digging it very much so far :D :D Thanks for the listen :)

ido1957 said:

Oh yeah and here's a picture of what I'm using now :)

Attachments

• snake studios.jpg
    snake studios.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 94
SnakeDog5050 said:
Hi guys, I'd much appreciate any feedback on this... both the recording and song. It's the first song with my new mixer so I'm curious how everything sounds so far. :)

I might cut this up a bit since there's so much going on, do any sections stick out as good/bad to you? Like I don't know how silly that is yet to be singing a guitar part for a chorus :D

An Intergalactic Love Story, Baby!

Hey Snakedoggy dog....I love the singing for the guitar chorus!!! I love this one. It has offically become my favourite of your sounds. Your singing on this is very very good. The oooooo oooooo ooooooo's 'vocal axe'(throataxe) harmonies rightly kick ass!! I am partial to it, because it is one of the things I have done for years...only a few have heard though!!! :eek: :D

The tone on the axe is super too!! I love it. Tell me what you did to get that tone. I have no critic at the moment....I am feeling my meds!!! :D

Love it!!!

Hey Snake, I am back...I am still listening...I can't stress enough about the vox!! This is soooooo good!!

Dude...cool tune, but really liking your vocals....how did you record and process them? They fit this veery well......nice sound.

Again, cool tune...playing is sweet, and it has a nice flow to it. Everything fits pretty well, and tones are all complimentary to each other...

This baby will get a lot of play!!

It has me headbanging and grinding. :eek: Glad I have meds!!! :D

Guitar tone at :44 is cool.

I really like the drum at the change around 2:50! 3:50 guitar solo great too. Like the drum rolls right before the vocal outro. :cool:

You might consider defining the lead vox in a few places.

This some of your best stuff Snake!! :cool:

Last edited:
true-eurt said:
Hey Snakedoggy dog....I love the singing for the guitar chorus!!! I love this one. It has offically become my favourite of your sounds. Your singing on this is very very good. The oooooo oooooo ooooooo's 'vocal axe'(throataxe) harmonies rightly kick ass!! I am partial to it, because it is one of the things I have done for years...only a few have heard though!!! :eek: :D

The tone on the axe is super too!! I love it. Tell me what you did to get that tone. I have no critic at the moment....I am feeling my meds!!! :D

Love it!!!

Hey Snake, I am back...I am still listening...I can't stress enough about the vox!! This is soooooo good!!

Hey True, thanks a lot! I appreciate that because one thing I've never been too confident about is the singing. Yeah, it was weird too, that chorus was just supposed to be a break, but I couldn't help singing it too and when I listened back I ended up really liking the sound... so I made that the "chorus" and repeated it several times.

When are we going to hear your axe singing? :D Haha, at 5:30 I go high, and when I listened back I thought I sounded just like a guitar too, kinda funky.

Well pretty much all I have to say about the tone is... my new strat :D I don't really mess with tones as much anymore, I just really love the sound of this thing. It's put together with a fender amp with built in chorus/flange/reverb effects for those sounds.

Dogman said:
Dude...cool tune, but really liking your vocals....how did you record and process them? They fit this veery well......nice sound.

Again, cool tune...playing is sweet, and it has a nice flow to it. Everything fits pretty well, and tones are all complimentary to each other...

Hey Dog, thanks man. The vocals are recorded with my Studio Projects B1 hanging off my closet door, connected to my new PV8 mixer. There's several things on the mixing board that I thought helped EQing them ahead of time and removing room rumble. On top of that I added some extra verb in Guitar tracks pro and also used a de-esser.

Thanks man, glad you dug the tones. I'm looking to get a pretty consistent setup, so I can just jam away songs and not worry about the technical side as much. Peace dawg, beer 4 eva :D

true-eurt said:
This baby will get a lot of play!!

It has me headbanging and grinding. :eek: Glad I have meds!!! :D

Guitar tone at :44 is cool.

I really like the drum at the change around 2:50! 3:50 guitar solo great too. Like the drum rolls right before the vocal outro. :cool:

You might consider defining the lead vox in a few places.

This some of your best stuff Snake!! :cool:

Hey True again! Thanks again, I agree and addmit at a few points I suffer from the "singing lyrics off of a printed Microsoft Word sheat syndrome" At times I just dropped the lyrics sheet and wrote and made up the lyrics from pure emotion, and I always think that turns out best. Actually I had to go back and listen to what I sang, compared to what I wrote to change it around for the lyrics I posted above. Not sure how much sense they ended up making. I'm personally feelin' this tune, so I might give it a little time/practice and rerecord some of the vocals without having to read off the sheet.
Thanks again, I appreciate the comments on which parts you liked too :D :)

SnakeDog5050 said:
Hey True, thanks a lot! I appreciate that because one thing I've never been too confident about is the singing. Yeah, it was weird too, that chorus was just supposed to be a break, but I couldn't help singing it too and when I listened back I ended up really liking the sound... so I made that the "chorus" and repeated it several times.

When are we going to hear your axe singing? :D Haha, at 5:30 I go high, and when I listened back I thought I sounded just like a guitar too, kinda funky.

Well pretty much all I have to say about the tone is... my new strat :D I don't really mess with tones as much anymore, I just really love the sound of this thing. It's put together with a fender amp with built in chorus/flange/reverb effects for those sounds.
That baby sure sounds good!!

I was thinking, my throataxe might work well for the 'Short Bus Sounds' CD!!! :D ;)

ANyways Snake...I do love the vox on this!!

SnakeDog5050 said:
Hey True again! Thanks again, I agree and addmit at a few points I suffer from the "singing lyrics off of a printed Microsoft Word sheat syndrome" At times I just dropped the lyrics sheet and wrote and made up the lyrics from pure emotion, and I always think that turns out best. Actually I had to go back and listen to what I sang, compared to what I wrote to change it around for the lyrics I posted above. Not sure how much sense they ended up making. I'm personally feelin' this tune, so I might give it a little time/practice and rerecord some of the vocals without having to read off the sheet.
Thanks again, I appreciate the comments on which parts you liked too :D :)
You are welkom Snakedoggy!! Pure emotion is best!! :)

The singing style reminds me of Tom V. from Television.
Good set up mate & a lot of good sounds from it too.
I like the guitar tag line.
How'd ya do the drums? I didn't see a kit.

true-eurt said:
That baby sure sounds good!!

I was thinking, my throataxe might work well for the 'Short Bus Sounds' CD!!! :D ;)

ANyways Snake...I do love the vox on this!!

Haha, yeah I can hear a Frau Spankenmeister throataxe solo with spanking sound effects in the background being a haunting masterpiece :D
Thanks again about the vox! I'm real happy with em, I'm just going to try a new idea for the 4:11 soft part now and see how that turns out :)

rayc said:
The singing style reminds me of Tom V. from Television.
Good set up mate & a lot of good sounds from it too.
I like the guitar tag line.
How'd ya do the drums? I didn't see a kit.

Thanks for the listen and comments RayC. I haven't heard Tom V. so i'll have to check that out. Listening back after a bit I'm real happy with the setup so far, looking forward to jamming around with it some more, adding the synth/trumpet too :D

Oh yeah, here's the 3 missing pieces from the photo
1) Lothar the Tambourine
2) Simon Phillips classic rock session - I put together my drum tracks with that
3) Wah wah pedal

Cheers :)

Attachments

• P7170078.jpg
    P7170078.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 74
update!
Hey guys, what's up?
Just an update to the song here. I thought I could do a better job with the flow of both the music and the lyrics at the 4:10 part so I rerecorded everything there and messed with that part. So the link in the first post has the new file if anyones interested :) :)

Last edited:
Back