New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi, I'm Dave.

I play in a band called, "The Age," here in Perth, Scotland. I have recently decided to set up a home studio, in the hope to record The Age's debut album at the end of this year. Thus, I find myself here to learn as much as I can about recording techniques, equipment and general tricks of the trade.

Thanks,
Dave.

Hi, I'm Dave.

I play in a band called, "The Age," here in Perth, Scotland. I have recently decided to set up a home studio, in the hope to record The Age's debut album at the end of this year. Thus, I find myself here to learn as much as I can about recording techniques, equipment and general tricks of the trade.

Thanks,
Dave.

Are you frikkin kidding me???? :mad:

Okay brother, Found your band's facebook page and gave you a like. :)
Welcome to the site!!!

Hi! I'm Matt. I have been playing guitar for over 40 years, although I'm a bit that lately. My latest mission is to put together an inexpensive recording setup do that I can do important stuff like make backwards sounds and that sort of thing. I've got an old iMac that I use sometimes but my grander scheme involves using my old dual-core laptop to record multi-track. My secondary schemes involve trying to find a good way to jam with other people online, a good forum for distance collaboration, and finding some musicians in western Washington to play music with.

Hey guys, I'm Zach.

I am college-age, been playing piano for 15+ years and guitar for about 5 years. Recording/producing has become a huge passion for me over the past 4-5 years, and I have learned lots along the way. Most of the things I have learned have all been self-taught or referenced with a quick Google search. I am joining this site to better my knowledge for music production so that I can be the absolute best. I don't have any interest of doing this as a career as of yet (studying computer science right now) - however someday that may change.

Here's to learning more about music production! :thumbs up:

Hi my name is Gary, I'm new here. I'm a guitarist, I play mostly small gigs or at church. Just recently I'm into instrumental song recording and I would like to understand more about home recording techniques. Hopefully I can also contribute to this forum. Looking forward for a great experience with you guys in this forum.

Hello my name is David. Started out with a pair of karaoke mics into a soundblaster and have recently bought my first house and have since added 8 bass traps, 12 broad band absorbers and 32sq ft of 2" auralex. (Still itchy from the mineral wool) Really looking forward to learning, making new friends and hopefully sharing my knowledge and limited experience with everyone!

Hello my name is David. Started out with a pair of karaoke mics into a soundblaster and have recently bought my first house and have since added 8 bass traps, 12 broad band absorbers and 32sq ft of 2" auralex. (Still itchy from the mineral wool) Really looking forward to learning, making new friends and hopefully sharing my knowledge and limited experience with everyone!

welcome! I lived in Douglasville for several years. Marietta before that. :D

Hello, I'm John. I've been writing and home recording since about 1977, so I'm an old timer for sure. I was in several bands in the Dallas area in the 80's and 90's (we played the Deep Ellum alternative rock circuit). I'm not in a band anymore and don't wish to be, but I recently got a Tascam DP-24 and I'm working on a solo album. It had been many years since I recorded anything, but I had tons of riffs and ideas saved up in my head and on a portable voice recorder thingy. Glad to find this forum.

My name is Danny. I'm wanting to record some of my own music, but realized that I don't really even know how to start. I have the proper hardware and software, but don't really know what I should start recording first. I started searching on Google to see if I could figure out a good workflow and I ended up here. I guess I'm going to have to look around the forums to see if I can find anything helpful to my dilemma.

Hello , this is my first time here , id like some advice on setting up my home recording studio , I have various equiptment and need advice setting everything up properly any help ?

Back