New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Thomas here from Lander, Wyoming. I am a very reluctant sound engineer--don't particularly enjoy it, but I like paying someone to do it even less. ha ha I mostly record acoustic instruments and voice on a Zoom h4, and mix on a computer with Audacity or Soundation. I've used other stuff but that's my current setup. Looking for other software options. Thanks for being here!

Hey all,

New member here, I'm a DIY music creator/producer who publishes their music under the same name.
I've done a lot of stuff sort of making it up as I go along, but recently I've been taking an ableton course that actually teaches what the various things in the software do and how they can be applied. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi everyone,

My name is Jess and I'm new to the forum. I'm a beginner guitarist and recording enthusiast and a software developer. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

_______
Jason Hook. Audio Enthusiast and Software Developer
Remove or Isolate Vocals from any Song 👉 https://www.UnMixIt.com/

Last edited:
If a client shows up not knowing what they want: I can always suggest whatever's in store. Or I can start off asking, " what's their set price of sending?." without offended them of course.

For all the new folks who pop on here wondering what is needed to make recording, especially for their Youtube channel, here's a good example of what can be done with basic equipment and some talent. These kids are using a Zoom H6, a couple of extra mics and a Canon EOS R video camera. It's pretty amazing sound considering that they're outside by a lake in Oregon! They have quite a few other videos going back several years.

That’s Joshua Lee Turner on bass. He has a lot of videos just using an older H2. He and the drummer also perform together as The Other Favorites. He did a solo album in his NYC apartment last year (not on a Zoom, though). Great musician.

I used a Zoom H6 in club and open mic recordings for a couple years before getting the Zoom F8 and F8n. Still use the F8n.

I've noticed that they seem to have a small pool of musicians that show up in each other's videos. Toni Lindgren also has a channel as well.. She's a pretty good guitarist and singer.

Talent goes a long way to making a good recording.

HI everyone!

Complete newbie here hoping to learn how to set up my studio and learn how to use all of the equipment lol

Nice to be a part of the community!

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
Hi all. I'm new to forums, as well music production. I like to write my own songs, and have always dreamt of being to produce them myself as well. I would like to also sell my beats as a side hustle. Thing is, music production is a very vast labirynth, and I could really use some guidance to answer the many questions I will have along the way. I was getting discouraged, and my girlfrien suggested looking to forums. So here I am!

Hi all. I'm new to forums, as well music production. I like to write my own songs, and have always dreamt of being to produce them myself as well. I would like to also sell my beats as a side hustle. Thing is, music production is a very vast labirynth, and I could really use some guidance to answer the many questions I will have along the way. I was getting discouraged, and my girlfrien suggested looking to forums. So here I am!
You're in the right place - WELCOME ! :listeningmusic:

I have so many questions, I'm not sure where to start. I use the free version of Studio one 5. Maybe that's why I'm so confused about mixing. I also don't understand why one would send a particular signal or mixing board tack to a bus or fx channel, when they can just add a plug in right on the channel.

* N.B. by channel I mean the virtual instrument, or audio sample loop (i.e. " funky guitar")

I have so many questions, I'm not sure where to start. I use the free version of Studio one 5. Maybe that's why I'm so confused about mixing. I also don't understand why one would send a particular signal or mixing board tack to a bus or fx channel, when they can just add a plug in right on the channel.

* N.B. by channel I mean the virtual instrument, or audio sample loop (i.e. " funky guitar")
You'll probably get more responses to these questions over in the Recording Techniques forum.

Back