New member in the family!

Nico2112

Yes, I finally bought a Les Paul:D

Nope, not a Gibson:rolleyes:

It's an Epiphone Les Paul Studio. Bought it from a friend that only used it twice:)

Attachments

• 101_1868.jpg
    101_1868.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 101_1869.jpg
    101_1869.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 101_1870.jpg
    101_1870.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 101_1871.jpg
    101_1871.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 75
Here's the rest of the family:D
1) Squier MB5 bass
2) Yamaha RBX200 bass
3) Biscayne acoustic guitar
4) Cort Strato copy (this was my first guitar, bought back in 1987:eek:)

Attachments

• 101_1876.jpg
    101_1876.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 101_1879.1.jpg
    101_1879.1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 74
  • 101_1883.jpg
    101_1883.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 101_1888.jpg
    101_1888.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74
Thanks Zaphod :D

I'm really happy with this one. Sounds nothing like the other guitars I have, and records beautifully!

I'm not a great guitarist, and am far from being one, but I'm glad I can play my songs:)

My friend told me they were Alnico.

I really don't know; I've heard that they can either be fitted with cheap asian humbuckers or Alnico. I can't tell a difference in between pickups, the only thing I can say for sure, is that, my Jackson is fitted with a Di Marzio Super Distortion humbucker at the bridge, and gives a punchy metal tone, while this Les Paul, has a thicker tone that sounds a LOT fuller:)

Thanks WhiteStrat:D
Having used Strato bodies all these years, it feels COMPLETELY different when playing it, so I still have to get used to it; but yeah, I'm loving it!

Cheers!

Nice guit-buckets Nico. ;)

I've got a couple of Epi LP's (one has a broken neck again...:mad:) but both play and sound great.

Nice score dude...

Kel

Thanks Kel:)

What is it with LP's necks breaking:confused:; heard million horror stories about them. Did yours break randomly, or due to a fall?

Enjoyed your tunes mate:D

The "spanish joint" between the next and stock on the Gibson SG's, Epiphone SG's, Epiphone Pauls, Thunderbird basses are all kind of "iffy"

What can be done to prevent that joint from breaking? What is a "spanish joint," anyway? Pics, if you would... (I would have thought it was a bar in Juarez...)

Is that Biscane accoustic any good, Nico?

If I'm not mistaken, a "spanish joint" is the way how the fretboard attaches to the guitar's body (read that in an Ibanez description of a classical acoustic guitar):)

I guess if I take good care of it, and don't drop it, I'll be fine:D

Anyway, the idea of a bar in Juarez seem fine...LOL, let's go have a couple of beers;):D:D

Well, Stevie, that's the only acoustic I've had, so I guess I can't compare it with other ones. However, when I bought it, the electronics worked great, and since the body is a bit shallow, it was real crisp sounding. A couple of months ago, the electronics died, and decided not to get them fixed ( I thought if I bought good quality electronics, they would be more expensive than the gitar itself, so why the hassle:) ) Right now, I record it using an Audio Technica AT2020, and it sounds just fine. Once again, I'm not too picky about how my acoustic sounds!

Cheers!

Congrats!

Looks like it ought to be fun to play.

And if you ever get tired of that DiMarzio, I'm looking for another one...:D

You know

the more I look at it, the more I want it. It does something for me.

It looks like a real player. Enjoy!

:D:D

Thanks!

Yeah, she's really sexy, and the pics don't make her justice, she's just beautiful!....or I have cheap to please eyes haha!

Too bad I have to wait til the weekend to test her on recordings.:rolleyes:

Nice Jorge!
I'm in love with EPIs since I got my cherry sunburst standard honey! I'm gonna be getting a studio like yours but in black soon. It's my birthday in 4 weeks and I've informed the family of my wish.......:D
I'll be fitting it with with an EMG 81 and an EMG 85 so it'll sound HEAVY!:D

and always remember....EPI Les Pauls are real Les Pauls, just cheaper!

Back