New Honey Hunters - "Reason or Rhyme"

Armistice

Son of Yoda
Mainly I hang at the other place these days, but I did join HR in the third month of this century, so I figure that means I can come back for mix feedback from time to time... :D Hello to anyone who remembers me.

A short little number. Won't take much of your time at under 3 minutes.😉 Don't know what I was thinking... :oops:

All feedback appreciated and considered. (y)

Last edited:
Is that backing vocals I hear? They can come up a taste, with the main vocal that bold and upfront. And is there something else there as well as the backing vocals? It's a bit murky what's going on there. Which is weird, cuz the rest of the mix is clear and fine. Plus, I like the tune.

What's "the Other Place'?
Few years back some of us from here spun off a new BBS as a result of mods banning two of the best home recorders this place ever had, we assumed at the behest of, and after much nagging by a particular person, now long gone. Transgressions in the on-topic forums, apparently, although I never really got the mod's POV on it and not looking to stir up hornets. It's a small place but everyone there sort of is actively recording or playing or somehow involved in music, and have been for a long time. So not many noobs asking which mic is best for my voice, and can I sing, and what's an interface and why do I need one, but also not a lot of grumbly guys who solely hang in the off-topic section here bitching about Biden and Trump. Less American, overall. Not to say that such things aren't discussed, but not at the level or intensity it is down here in Prime Time where they seem to be the entire reason people are here at all. See "less American". There are a handful of people who actively post in both places - I'm not really one of them, apart from the occasional song here and the occasional poke of someone down there when I'm bored.

That's the "what" - we're quite happy not to lure thousands of HR tragics over - some people come, sign up, look around and then bugger off - that's fine. Others stay. If you want to know the "where", PM me and I'll let you know. I'm neither the spokesperson or the recruitment officer for the place, just a member. 😉

Is that backing vocals I hear? They can come up a taste, with the main vocal that bold and upfront. And is there something else there as well as the backing vocals? It's a bit murky what's going on there. Which is weird, cuz the rest of the mix is clear and fine. Plus, I like the tune.
Hey dobro - thanks. I'll look at those levels - they are a bit almost not quite there aren't they? I was just listening again and thinking that myself. I may have to thin them out a little, but worth a play around I think. Cheers

Back