New Guitar

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
Apologies in advance for all of the photos that are going to be in this post!

My new guitar which some of you already knew about is complete:

Descendant-mk-3-44.jpg
Descendant-mk-3-41.jpg
Descendant-mk-3-39.jpg
Descendant-mk-3-23.jpg
Descendant-mk-3-19.jpg
Descendant-mk-3-15.jpg
Descendant-mk-3-10.jpg

Its due to arrive on Wednesday. I'm just prepping a the bass and drums and a scratch guitar part on my latest track so I'll be ready when it arrives!

Dude...that's pretty badass right there. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little jealous... :D

Congrats in advance for the big arrival on Wednesday! :guitar:

Is that Crimson Guitar? Can't barely read the logo. I've seen a bunch of his videos when I was building my bass.

Burled walnut on top of zebrawood?? noice.

Great looking guitar.

Is that Crimson Guitar? Can't barely read the logo. I've seen a bunch of his videos when I was building my bass.

Burled walnut on top of zebrawood?? noice.

Great looking guitar.
Yeah, it is from Crimson. Burled Elm on spalted ash with a maple and ebony neck through

Just arrived... Its now sitting on the desk next to me and I will have to look at it for the next 5 hours before I get to play it. I've got it out, had a goog look over it and played a few notes. Its absolutely beautiful. First impression is that it plays amazingly well and is incredibly well set up. It was very cold though.

Its the best guitar that I have ever played on. Simple. I would post you a tone but I can't get the LAME encoder to work with REAPER on this laptop. Annoying.

Got LAME working, here's an MP3. Nothing added in the DAW - hey, I've not even mixed it and the bassline sounds like a bag of dicks!

Not got the amp as loud as I would like as I'm in my weekday digs:

View attachment BHS21.mp3

Its the best guitar that I have ever played on. Simple. I would post you a tone but I can't get the LAME encoder to work with REAPER on this laptop. Annoying.

Dude. Super jealous now. That git looks amazing; seems like it sounds good, too.

What I always think of is what Ben says in one of his youtube videos... The burling is caused by bacteria in the wood like when someone pisses on it. Technically, that burled top could be pee wood. :laughings:

Don't worry, that's just the envy coming out...

Dude. Super jealous now. That git looks amazing; seems like it sounds good, too.

Its great. I've never designed anything significant before (except building foundations but thats my job) there were just three guitars that I loved so much and wanted to combine and its worked.

Its got that amazing neck-though sustain that I wanted that indescribable feel to the vibrato that I only seem to get on my neck through Wasburn. Its fast as fuck like my Ibanez, although without the thin flat neck, its got a chunkiness which feels great - a bit like the washburn actually but without a laquered neck. But its also got the laid back playability of my telecaster and fairly similar humbuckers and electronics to my tele which I've loved since I had it. They have all the tonal variation I need. But it handles high gain (metal chug) better than my mahagany Tele which did mush out a bit if I wasn't careful. Its just that touch brighter.

It also seems to hold its tuning fantastically well - especially considering it was only strung three days ago and since then has sat in a freezing cold couriers depot and I am now sitting in a really warm room with a bottle of wine.

I'm just really pleased that it does what I hoped it would do - combined the three guitars that I loved enough to part with cash into one guitar.

Given that its come from a custom luthier set up and intonation is perfect too.

pikingrin, if you can possibly afford it and have a specification in mind give them a call to discuss. Based on this guitar I can't recommend them enough.

Back