New guitar for Greg - Kapow! (lots of pics and review)

That is a registered trademark of Gregor the Terror Global Industries Inc LLC PhD LSD NAACP Co.

:guitar: *Humbuckers don't surf.* :guitar:

Say you musta purchased a new strap for it ... Right?
If not ya gonna need a Green Bastard strap for it!

:guitar: *Humbuckers don't surf.* :guitar:

Say you musta purchased a new strap for it ... Right?
If not ya gonna need a Green Bastard strap for it!

Now that was just wicked cool, Greg. What a great tonal sound your getting all of the way around. WOW!
Thanks O'Henry. I've been using the same black leather strap between the LP and the Hallmark. They both hang about the same. The Hallmark is significantly more comfortable than the LP. I have an old super-wide black leather strap w/ white quarter notes on it rockabilly style. Lol. I might use that one for the Hallmark. Or maybe I can find something really tacky for it.

Nice.....

Now off to the beach with you..:thumbs up:

Thanks mutt. You have any experience or history with a Hallmark guitar?

Thanks mutt. You have any experience or history with a Hallmark guitar?

None at all mate haven't even seen one over here yet but if she plays as good as she looks you can't go wrong. The best you've said so far is that the guy responded instantly and as often as required. That alone gives piece of mind.

Twang-tastic!

Really has that sound right there.
More than you've gottern outta the strat IMO.

None at all mate haven't even seen one over here yet but if she plays as good as she looks you can't go wrong. The best you've said so far is that the guy responded instantly and as often as required. That alone gives piece of mind.
Yup, that's what made me feel okay about buying the guitar before it even existed. The guy was always quick to answer my emails and didn't just give scripted vague responses. He sat there and typed out thoughtful responses to my millions of questions, and I never waited longer than an hour for a response. Dude must be rocking a killer smartphone and wants to run a professional business, which he clearly does. I've heard countless horror stories about luthiers and amp builders that take your order and take forever to deliver. This guitar came right on time as promised and it's just spectacular. He also included a bunch of "lagniappe" in the case. CD, guitar picks, posters, flyers, extra strings, etc. I'd buy something else from the guy with no worries. Hell, I'm really liking his swept-wing basses. ;)

Twang-tastic!

Really has that sound right there.
More than you've gottern outta the strat IMO.
Yeah man, it's real surfy. The Strat sounds small and gay compared to this thing. It's got a big sound to it. Even through an EL34 Marshall, which isn't exactly an amp used by many clean/twang/surf people, it still pretty much has *that* sound. I've been having so much fun banging out twang on it that I haven't even really cranked the gain yet. I'm gonna blast it through the V30s today and see how it sounds there.

Must be nice being the Gerg lately with the new amp & now a new guitar ;)......Cool man, haven't had a chance to listen to the new tone, but I will when I get in from work tonight....out the fuckin' door I go....again.....

Congrats dude!!!!

And that was straight guitar into amp - right?
What an audio delight! The tone is outstanding. :thumbs up:

Thanks. Yes, straight in. Well, through a Polytune tuner, but that's it. Nothing done in the DAW either. That is straight from the speaker. Guitar > tuner > amp > speaker > mic> your ears.

Thanks. Yes, straight in. Well, through a Polytune tuner, but that's it. Nothing done in the DAW either. That is straight from the speaker. Guitar > tuner > amp > speaker > mic> your ears.

Awesome. I can't get over the sound of it.

makes my llittle old Guyatone Mosrite look very sad indeed.
You are in the midts of a very fruitful gearlust. You've managed to keep the lust in check enough to make bang on choices.
I love the sound.
I love the look too!
Congrats!

Sounds great Greg, especially with no post-processing......that setup has "that" sound, I'm sure you're very happy with your new toys.....:thumbs up:

guyatone mosrite copy cropped.jpggregs hallmarkvv.jpg
I don't know, what's a little sparkle, quality control, communication and stuff like that?
Mine's been mickey'd with too - somone popped in a hummer at the bridge (sounds cool though) and did a rotten wiring job on it but I had it all fixed for $80.
It's the shape, the look, the references to venture & Johnny R.
Even though mine's an ancient Guyatone I still really dig it as it looks good (actually has a lot of long verticle cracking in the finish) and feels really good to play.
Sound?- pretty good.
Greg, I'd tear my heart out but I will swap if you insist!

Thanks Ray and minerman. :thumbs up:

Ray, there will be no trades! Lol. Well I'll trade you something for your SuperBass head. Name your price. ;)

That Guyatone looks pretty cool. What year is it? I'm not crazy about the snubbed horns, but the pickguard is awesome.

One thing I've noticed with playing the Hallmark.....I never realized how much I use the inlays to locate myself. The tiny dots on this thing (a true original Mosrite feature) are almost invisible when standing, and as dumb as it may seem, I do a lot of powerchords high up on the neck. Sure it's got the fret markers on the neck binding, but it's still taking some getting used to.

20130306_054026_zpse83a47fa.jpg

20130306_053857_zpsfb098d50.jpg

Back