New guitar for Greg - Kapow! (lots of pics and review)

Oh yeah, i love the weird angles, beautiful guitar man...
Thanks man. :)

Looks very well put together bud. :)
Yeah it's really tight and clean. Nothing is odd or wobbly or off kilter. It really is put together better than probably 95% of the stuff you'll find hanging on a wall at a guitar shop.

My new quote of the year!

That is a registered trademark of Gregor the Terror Global Industries Inc LLC PhD LSD NAACP Co.

I know... Naming guitars is gay. But I wonder about this one.

I bet you already have it named even if you never tell us. :D The Goldtop too.

I've got a fair few guitars now but only three have names. The Les Pauls. Not tres ghei...just a wee bit gay. Like happy, ya' know?

I bet he doesn't. I only have one guitar that has a name and that's only in the mind of a guy I used to play with. He always called a partscaster I built in the 80's a 'Big Red' because it's a matching paduak body and neck. Somehow that stuck but I just don't name my gits.
I'm bettin' teh gerg doesn't either.

Lol. You crazy bastardos.

I don't *officially* name my guitars. Not at all. I love em and care for them, but they're just guitars. I've never had any worth naming until recently, and it's too late to start now. I don't think of them as having any personality or anything. They do have nicknames though just between my wife and me. For example, at band practice with the guys, I'll say "I played the Les Paul all day and I forgot how to play the drums". But with the wife, I'd say "I fingered the lez today". She'd know what I mean. Sometimes I call it "Lesbian Paula". The SG is "The SGuh" like if you were to pronounce "SG" phonetically. The Strat is just "the red one". The P-Bass never ever gets mentioned in any capacity because it never gets touched until it's time to track some bass and that takes 5 minutes at the most. It's not even worthy of a nickname. I do have two drum names though. My Paiste RUDE crash/ride is "the beast" and my Ludwig Supraphonic is "the main one". Lol

This new Hallmark hasn't even been nicknamed yet, although when my wife took the pics and put them in a folder, she named the folder "Mufasa", so I'm betting that's what it's gonna get called. She calls all Mosrites "Mufasas" because she can't ever remember "Mosrite". So I'm afraid that Mufasa will probably stick. :facepalm: :D I don't care.

Anywayzzzz, here's some quick and dirty tone with MUFASA and the new JVM! :thumbs up:

Hallmark 60 Custom bridge p/u > Marshall JVM410 > 1960a 4x12 Greenback > SM 57 on axis halfway to edge.
Clean channel orange mode
Bass - 6
Mid - 4
Treb - 7
Gain - 5
Ch vol - 5
Master vol - 5
Pres - 5
Resonance - 2
Reverb - 8

Righteous. The Green Mufasa.

Made for surf, yeah? Sounds way better than the Strat and that weren't bad.

Yeah this thing is definitely surftastic. Nice and plucky. I haven't even gotten familiar with the amp yet with any of my guitars, so getting to Ramones land is still a ways off. I'll try tomorrow. With this guitar and the new amp, it's sort of like starting all over. I gotta get to fiddlin.

Back