Need some ears on Something

michaelst

Hi guys...

I need some critical ears on Something .

It's pretty close... but I've heard it so many times in the last day. I need some objective ears.

I have a few tweaks in mind, but I don't know if others would hear it the same. So, if you have any ideas, lemme know.

BTW, this is a live performance, from a show last Saturday.

Very nice! The keyboards are really filling this up in a good way. Guitar is great. Bass has definition. Solid vocals. Sounds pretty close to the original. Mix is good IMO....:)

Indeed, a very nice job. :cool: Good vocals, good playing.

It seems a tad bright on the guitar. Its a tough call, since you are emulating a 37 year old recording process. The original seems a bit warmer, maybe its the real strings they have as compared to your synth.:D

The ending I assume is a mistake?:confused: It just seemed to cut out in the middle of the note instead of ringing.

Very nice, very impressive.

Michael, this is great, man. The drum sound is right on, as well as the panning of them. That's an awesome George voice. Nice strings. Perfect arrangement.

The only thing I'd say is I'm not crazy about the lead guitar riff's SOUND. It's too clean or brittle or twangy or something. Maybe it's just the playing or the way he bends. It lacks that warmth that George (or is it Clapton???) have.

Besides that, this is great.

Thanks guys...

My thought was, on the 'you're asking me' part the strings get a tad swollen - they seem to mask the vocals, especially on the "i don't know' parts.

The rhythm guitar does seem a bit bright, I'll try to soften it without losing it's ability to be heard.

Yes, the ending it a bit abrupt. I'll figure a way to extend that a little.

Revised:

Removed hat strike on toms intro
Lowered strings during bridge
Extended strings on ending
Eq around 16k to remove some 'air' and warm it up

Something2

Back