Need More Help-tascam Msr-24

acoustix

Hi guys- per a previous post, I looked inside the MSR-24 tonight. The front panel where the track LEDs are drops down after you take two hex screws out and there are the 24 amp cards. However, I can't figure out how to pull the things out of there, and I'm wondering if they pull out at all. I was told to pull them out and swap them around and clean them good and it might fix the problem of distortion I'm having on six of the channels.

However, they seem really tight and I'm not convinced that they simply "pull" out. It's almost like they're soldered in there. Can someone help me? Maybe one of you has had one of these machines? Thanks!

I'm presuming that for the cards to fit in there, they would be mounted "on edge" with the connections close to the back of the machine. If so, is it possible to see down between the cards, with decent light, see if there's edge connector sockets visible that the cards push into.

On my ATR-60 the cards are fitted this way but the sockets grip them so tight, if you didn't know how they were fitted, you would just assume they were soldered in place.

:cool:

I'm presuming that for the cards to fit in there, they would be mounted "on edge" with the connections close to the back of the machine. If so, is it possible to see down between the cards, with decent light, see if there's edge connector sockets visible that the cards push into.

On my ATR-60 the cards are fitted this way but the sockets grip them so tight, if you didn't know how they were fitted, you would just assume they were soldered in place.

Yep, they are mounted "on edge" and there are even rails that each card fits into that looks like they were designed to slide in and out. They're just so darn tight that I'm scared to death I'll break one trying to pull it out. And, there's not much space to get a good grip on them either. Ausrock, how do you get yours out, being that they're in there so tight? Thanks!

The cards in my ATR each have a small hole (approx., 1/8" to 3/16" dia) in one corner, I made a hook out of some stiff wire (from memory, coathanger) bent the other end into a "handle", put the hook through the holes and carefully pulled the cards free. As I removed each card, I numbered it so I knew exactly where it had come from. Also with the ATR, at one end there's an extra rail that holds an extender card.

Back